The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Very much of yesterday wasn't a pretty watch at times but I wouldn't rule us out of anything of course. 

I think once Devlin comes in and we can put McMann at left back. Followed by another CM and striker, we will see a different, more improved Ayr.

I think on a sidenote too, Hamilton have drastically improved from what they were last time in this league too and I think they'll stay up.

Pretty much bang on . Accies are much better than they were and pretty physical. However I have the feeling they’ll be in the bottom five . Who will join them in that group remains to be seen but on recent evidence it could well be that Morton and Dunfermline take up two of those slots . It’s going to be an interesting season . 

I would say that's a mental decision from Raith but I'm not aware of their situation just like others weren't aware of ours with Bullen. Hopefully it can bump us up a league place though. 

Just listened to Ian Murray’s post match open and honest, but also confused why his players are lacking fitness!! Is that not his and his coaches first job. Think if I was the owner that’s the question I’d be asking of him. Be surprised if anyone had him on there first to be sacked. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

They won't sack Gary. He's unsackable.

I've never bought that addon for FM.  

I must say a huge well done to the lads on here that have been vocal on the Airdrie page about the knuckle headed banner, what it represents and how unwelcome that shit is at Somerset on Friday. I don't often venture onto other teams forums but did today. I was happy and proud to be an Ayr Fan reading some of you lads opinions and how they were put over. Here's hoping they can self police that nonsense and get it to f**k out of Scottish football. No place for it in a modern Scotland.

24 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Two stupid bookings for Scott Martin there. You’d be raging if that was one of our players. 

Love the classic Albinson move of hand in the air after every goal to check for offside. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Two stupid bookings for Scott Martin there. You’d be raging if that was one of our players. 

Love the classic Albinson move of hand in the air after every goal to check for offside. 

Good old McGinty completely ball watching at the 2nd having no idea what's happening round about him 

Yesterday was just a really enjoyable and satisfying day. We weren’t absolutely brilliant however were really solid with every player putting in a 7/10 at least performance. I never really felt there was ever any danger of us not winning the game. Was also really good to see us putting the game to bed so soon after Accies were reduced to 10 men. Think that’s our first opening day victory since 20/21 so that’s nice. Accies looked like a middle of the road, bog standard championship side so to beat them is really pleasing. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I think one thing that did impress me yesterday was game management, how many times over the last few seasons have we shot ourselves the foot by conceding after scoring or giving a away a stupid goal in the 44th minutes or in the last 10 minutes putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure, yeah Accies has spells but at no time did I feel we over run or did not have control of the game, their best two chances we strikes from distance.