The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Wanting to get the train to this one but priced it on the ScotRail app and a return is £54.60, is there a way of getting it cheaper than this? Never usually get the train unless it’s to the local games like Stranraer, qots etc. 

it's £8 from Glasgow, but you need to get off at Edinburgh. 

I see Liam Kelly is apparently signing for Celtic. Not sure on the future of De Vries, but that probably knocks Doohan down to about 4th/5th choice. I’d imagine he’ll go out on loan again, hopefully we can get him for another season.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

I see Liam Kelly is apparently signing for Celtic. Not sure on the future of De Vries, but that probably knocks Doohan down to about 4th/5th choice. I’d imagine he’ll go out on loan again, hopefully we can get him for another season.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Looks like Liam Kelly is leaving Livingston to go to Celtic, hopefully that might increase our chances of getting Doohan back again.

Sorry RB, never noticed your post. 

Jamie Adams and Craig Moore expected to sign deals until January this week. Should hear news about whether or not Robbie Crawford is staying in the next week. 

MccCall reckons we need at least 5 new players (two defenders, a wide player and two strikers). 

Still hopeful of getting Doohan back and still hopeful of tying down the young centre half.

Pursuit of Doolan has been complicated by Dundee United entering the race. 

Jamie Adams and Craig Moore expected to sign deals until January this week. Should hear news about whether or not Robbie Crawford is staying in the next week. 
MccCall reckons we need at least 5 new players (two defenders, a wide player and two strikers). 
Still hopeful of getting Doohan back and still hopeful of tying down the young centre half.
If it's about money Doolan will go to Dundee United if it's about playing each week he will likely come to us, good to see he wants 5 players hopefully they are the quantity we need to fight at the top end of the table again.

Potentially 5 new players is a positive, depending on who they are obviously.

I’m sure Doohan said when he left that he wanted game time which I’d imagine will be hard to come by at Dundee Utd. Hopefully McCalls relationship convinces him but that wasn’t the case with Erskine.

So no central midfielder on the shopping list then , interesting ! kind of reads like a right back , centre half ,left winger and two striker (which in turn looks like Doolan and a big lump) .

I think it’s more likely to be 2 centre backs with one able to cover full back. The boy Harrington certainly fits the bill with that one.

So no central midfielder on the shopping list then , interesting ! kind of reads like a right back , centre half ,left winger and two striker (which in turn looks like Doolan and a big lump) .
Do we need another central midfielder though? Kerr, Murdoch, Bell, Adams, Docharty and Crawford if he stays can all play there plus you have Moffat, McCowan and Forrest can play at attaching midfield.

15 minutes ago, railwayend said:

HOOF

34 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I hope Adams and Moore are pay as you play.

5 new players of the right calibre could be very good. However, I am slightly worried will they be good enough to replace Rose, Smith, McDaid & Shankland?

I am skeptical about Doolan tbh. However, I trust the gaffer knows what he is doing.

We need more than just one winger, if not we'll be reliant on McGuffie.

McGuffie needs to step up at some point. Maybe putting a bit of pressure on him will give him a kick up the arse.
I hope Adams and Moore are pay as you play.
5 new players of the right calibre could be very good. However, I am slightly worried will they be good enough to replace Rose, Smith, McDaid & Shankland?
I am skeptical about Doolan tbh. However, I trust the gaffer knows what he is doing.

We won’t be able to bring in players that will be the same level as Shankland, Rose or Smith. If we’re re-signing Moore and 2 other strikers then the goals will hopefully be spread out a bit more.

I’m confident we can find a winger who’s either better than or equal to McDaid.