The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Scott Wright would be a quality signing ,but more a number 10 where we already have Moff and McCowan . But stiil good player .

I don't think anyone doubts Robbie's quality on the ball ,good touch and good pass . However its what he does without the ball that is of concern, which just about amounts to nothing . Doesn't track ,wont tackle and leaves holes all over the middle line for teams to pour through . Basically he's a bit of a luxury and one a team without Shankland can't afford . If we had a young Scott Brown to play in central midfield beside him then ok ,but we don't .

When Rab’s confident and on-form he’s excellent at recycling possession, picking out passes and his close control to take the ball past the opposition is exceptional. When he loses a bit of confidence it’s like being a man down.

After 6 seasons I think it’s fair to assume that’s just the type of player he is and the time for him to “kick-on” has been and gone. I don’t have an irrational hatred of him like some of the support but I won’t really be bothered if he goes - we desperately need a midfielder or two who can chip in with goals.

The Crawford debate is hysterical.  Folk saying we should punt him because he’s no good when he’s on the verge of a move to a Premiership club.  Some folk wouldn’t know a wet fish if it leapt out the sea and slapped them across the face.

No no , wait im sure our gaffer decribed him as one of the best young attacking midfielders in Scotland . Is he a defensive midfielder then ? Or is he a number 10 type midfielder . Like the maker of goals ?

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

No no , wait im sure our gaffer decribed him as one of the best young attacking midfielders in Scotland . Is he a defensive midfielder then ? Or is he a number 10 type midfielder . Like the maker of goals ?

Was it not more around the lines of being the best kept secret in Scottish football and he was surprised no premier league teams had signed him 

I’m not sure what you’d call him.

He doesn’t score many goals and I’m not sure how many assists he gets. This means on paper his stats make him look a bit pish considering many people think he’s an attacking player.

What he is good at is carrying the ball, recycling possession and covering a lot of ground in games. Last season I thought his defensive game improved with him tracking back more and making more tackles. To a certain extent his defensive game isn’t needed as much with Murdoch next to him.

I’ll go for 8 goals possibly 19 we’ve conceded with him letting people run off him , maybe even more . Anyway , lets sit tight and see whos gonna make a bid for one of the best kept secrets in Scottish fitba .

1 minute ago, Hawlino said:

I’ll go for 8 goals possibly 19 we’ve conceded with him letting people run off him , maybe even more . Anyway , lets sit tight and see whos gonna make a bid for one of the best kept secrets in Scottish fitba .

We get it.  You don't like Crawford.  

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not sure what you’d call him.

He doesn’t score many goals and I’m not sure how many assists he gets. This means on paper his stats make him look a bit pish considering many people think he’s an attacking player.

What he is good at is carrying the ball, recycling possession and covering a lot of ground in games. Last season I thought his defensive game improved with him tracking back more and making more tackles. To a certain extent his defensive game isn’t needed as much with Murdoch next to him.

He's a box to box midfielder if he requires wanky terminology.  

I think if he can get away somewhere with a good coach he will be flying, he's got everything there just needs refined and that obviously is not happening at Ayr. 

Scott Wright surely getting a Premiership club?

Probably, however there's been a strong connection between Aberdeen and Ayr over the past few years due to the friendship between McInnes and McCall. So it shouldn't be ruled out plus McCall almost signed him on loan in January