The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That was miles better than that Queens Park game - I think you are going back to McCall to find anything close.

Nothing since the 5-0 at Tannadice has been close. You'd say it was effortless but it was the complete opposite.

Just now, Thumper said:

Nothing since the 5-0 at Tannadice has been close. You'd say it was effortless but it was the complete opposite.

I’m going to stick my head out and say tonight was better. That was a Dundee United side in turmoil and half that side were emptied in January. We had a brilliant side but we played direct football and teams couldn’t contain the likes of Shankland or Moffat or McDaid (for a spell).

I think tonight we were a more cohesive unit and played some absolutely brilliant moves that could’ve all ended with goals. 

I wouldn’t directly compare the two Ayr teams but I think tonight was a bigger and better performance. I can’t quite believe how good we were. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That was miles better than that Queens Park game - I think you are going back to McCall to find anything close.

I don’t even know where to start, we have several excellent footballers and Ben Dempsey becoming Jamie Adams reincarnated. 

Mark kerr first game was sublime too but it went down hill quickly after then 

52 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Sex is good, but have you ever seen Scott Brown's Ayr United pump Airdrie 5-0 under the lights at Somerset?

Give me 3 hours and I’ll give you a direct comparison. That’s 2hrs and 58 minutes of persuasion and a 2 mins of….well, the other bit.

18 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Our best performance since we put Queens Park to the sword at Somerset a couple of seasons ago.

If you compare tonight to Dundee United at home early last season, back then we were so disorganised it was difficult to know who was playing where. Tonight everyone to a man was on the same page. 

I'd say best since the 5 nil v Dundee at Tannidice.

All the goals were great, but I particularly enjoyed at the end of the first half and then early second half, when they came out aggressively, we never looked like losing a goal or giving them any kind of foothold in the match. Very professional performance.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m going to stick my head out and say tonight was better. That was a Dundee United side in turmoil and half that side were emptied in January. We had a brilliant side but we played direct football and teams couldn’t contain the likes of Shankland or Moffat or McDaid (for a spell).

I think tonight we were a more cohesive unit and played some absolutely brilliant moves that could’ve all ended with goals. 

I wouldn’t directly compare the two Ayr teams but I think tonight was a bigger and better performance. I can’t quite believe how good we were. 

Going to join you in sticking the head out and say that that is the best I have seen in my time. Trying not to overreact but there is not a game I can think of, at Somerset anyway, that comes close.

93 minutes, 5 nill up Dowdes was still hounding there center backs like his life depended on it!, that was just an awesome performance, folk are going to start to sit up and take notice now but you just know Brown won't let it get to their heads no way will he accept standards dropping.

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

It’s not up on player yet. b*****d. 

Highlights are already on the bbc website if that's enough

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

It’s not up on player yet. b*****d. 

I recorded it, my wee girl is buzzing to watch the highlights again. It's been a hard sell getting her to go to the games but that has cemented it. She's in love with Jay Henderson ❤️

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Going to join you in sticking the head out and say that that is the best I have seen in my time. Trying not to overreact but there is not a game I can think of, at Somerset anyway, that comes close.

I think there's games/results that have meant more to us.... but that kinda performance, from start to finish, I can't remember anything tbh!

I refuse to get carried away as it's Ayr United

I feel like we've been here before with Shankland in 2018 and then Dipo in 2022

I hope there's something different in the water this time though...

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

I want it in its entirety, uninterrupted , Or nothing at all.

Same. I want to watch the Airdrie number 2 try and boot the ball into the SRE only for it to hit the wall and bounce back onto the pitch. 

Just now, placidcasual said:

I recorded it, my wee girl is buzzing to watch the highlights again. It's been a hard sell getting her to go to the games but that has cemented it. She's in love with Jay Henderson ❤️

Tell her to form an orderly queue. 

You can see why we pursued him and maybe cooled the interest in Chalmers. 

2 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Probably about the same height tbf.

Speaking of crushes, get you a girl that looks at you the way Leanne Crichton looks at Scott Brown.