The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Atmosphere comes across quite well in the Airdrie highlights package. Still can't get my head around that 700 away fans figure, seems way too high. 

They would need to have had about 3/400 in the main stand to get that figure, only about 300 max in railway end if that. 

Talk about a surprise!

Was talking to the wee man about great games I've been to at Somerset, whilst walking into Troon toon. Started talking about the 2-2 draw with Killie and the last minute goal by Alex Williams.

Literally crossed the road and there's the man playing golf 😂 was happy to say hello to us both.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Atmosphere comes across quite well in the Airdrie highlights package. Still can't get my head around that 700 away fans figure, seems way too high. 

Maybe 700 ticks sold and not everyone turned up/got in? It did look sparse tbf. I've always found judging attendances at Sommset a difficult thing, such a deceiving place!

23 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Talk about a surprise!

Was talking to the wee man about great games I've been to at Somerset, whilst walking into Troon toon. Started talking about the 2-2 draw with Killie and the last minute goal by Alex Williams.

Literally crossed the road and there's the man playing golf 😂 was happy to say hello to us both.

Loved Williams. 

Two goals of the highest quality here:

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Loved Williams. 

Two goals of the highest quality here:

missed this goal as everyone was leaving and my mate and I couldn't see a f**kin thing... them booom! Had to wait until the Highlights to see it haha! Loved him ⚫⚪

@Roxanne's mansorry bud, meant to quote you also!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

Its not still the empire biscuits from Brownings is it? They are poor, especially at the price. Dkb food. 

I've found recently Brownings stuff is mostly just shite in general. Empire biscuits have no where hear enough jam, the caramel tarts have that horrible chewy caramel with stale pastry. 

The steak in their pies which used to be pretty decent is now gristly and chewy. 

8 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

missed this goal as everyone was leaving and my mate and I couldn't see a f**kin thing... them booom! Had to wait until the Highlights to see it haha! Loved him ⚫⚪

The weather was so miserable that day, my dad and I got drenched on the north terrace. Seconds away from a thoroughly miserable afternoon and then that happened 😍😍😍

11 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

That was the first Ayr game I'd been to after a hiatus of around 7 years. Got utterly drenched but the scenes after Williams goal were incredible. Dean Keenan scored a lovely diving header for us as well if I recall correctly. 

13 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

The 2009 Ayr v Killie game was the last match my Papa went to before he became too unwell to go to games.

What a last goal to have seen in person.

I was in the SRE and feared for my life when that went in. It was Bedlam.

59 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Talk about a surprise!

You should have asked him to re-enact his wee snog with the referee. Obviously with you being the referee and your boy just watching because, well, the alternative would quite wrong.

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The 2009 Ayr v Killie game was the last match my Papa went to before he became too unwell to go to games.

Was the same on the north terrace.  People whose clothes were soaked right through to the skin from the torrential rain jumping about like mad, was absolute pandemonium in the best possible way. 

Edited by Oceanlineayr

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You should have asked him to re-enact his wee snog with the referee. Obviously with you being the referee and your boy just watching because, well, the alternative would quite wrong.

I'm actually kicking myself for not getting a photo of him with the wee man. There was a fence between us and, as much as I hate admitting it, the wee man is getting a bit heavier to just lump over a fence.

16 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm out of greenies, so have a 🖤🤍 for that. What a great memory. You are fortunate to have such memories. Most of my memories around AUFC consist of acquaintances, alcohol and stupid decisions, rather than such great family memories. Even when I took my own children, they were never really interested, just wanted to be with Dad on a Saturday afternoon. Tho they have fond memories of crazy seagull shenanigans.... I don't think they remember a single bit of footie. Even took them to Hampden for the killie semi, they remember the mad singing on the bus haha!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

That was the best I've seen us at Somerset since I can remember. Musonda and Henderson linked up brilliantly along the the right hand side in the first half. Dempsey was outstanding and won everything in the middle. Rus once again was brilliant at driving us forward and picked out some excellent passes. Was absolutely buzzing when I got in from the game but it's hard not to get carried away! 

Only moan (because I just have to)is as others mentioned, the amateur camera placement. Also hope they are planning on putting toilets into the unfinished ends of the new stand? Because the toilet situation is a bit of a shambles at half time.