The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had a salt and chilli chicken pie about a month ago.

Big fan of salt and chilli chicken but having it in a pie was a strange experience. 

Skinheads talk about lack of integration in this country and yet there is seemingly absolutely no international cuisine which cannot find its way into a Scotch pie.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Skinheads talk about lack of integration in this country and yet there is seemingly absolutely no international cuisine which cannot find its way into a Scotch pie.

Stop the pies 

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

We'd also cover absolutely anything in batter and put it in a deep fryer.

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

Amongst a sea of shite bickering after a class win, this is the worst thing posted on this thread in the past 24 hours, imo.

Forshame.

The boy thinking he was logged in to Tinder or something, asking me to meet him at a game to see if we had chemistry has to be a front runner?

I see Kevin McLellan the physio who has his own business in the town and did our physio work i'm pretty sure after Stevie Magurie had his stroke, has paid for kids season tickets to give out and there's now quite a few other people jumping in saying they want to do the same thing.

Good to see it's gaining traction

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I see Kevin McLellan the physio who has his own business in the town and did our physio work i'm pretty sure after Stevie Magurie had his stroke, has paid for kids season tickets to give out and there's now quite a few other people jumping in saying they want to do the same thing.

I did this a few seasons ago, think I bought 4 kids STs and said give them to the next 4 kids that come in

I didnae post about it on social media though, so that'll be why it never caught on

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The boy thinking he was logged in to Tinder or something, asking me to meet him at a game to see if we had chemistry has to be a front runner?

You're thinking way too deeply into this, I'm no boy for starters, creep. You bring up total dross on here hiding behind a username, that was my point. 

2 hours ago, Peil said:

In case anyone was wondering, that looks like @diegejust over Oakley's left elbow.  Go talk to him, he's a sound wee cnut.

Oh you know me? haha

30 minutes ago, diege said:

You're thinking way too deeply into this, I'm no boy for starters, creep. You bring up total dross on here hiding behind a username, that was my point. 

Your obsession with me is creepy, I have barely interacted with you and you keep posting I am hiding behind a username in rants directed at me in the early hours of the morning. 

You asked to meet me remember, or maybe you don't..........

I politely decline the offer as you obviously have anger issues. 

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Or alternatively Scottish cuisine finding its way into a pakora. Haggis or black pudding anyone?

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

My work has an HR person who similarly gets irate if anyone ever dares criticise or suggest changes to anything when there haven't been layoffs that week. of course when there have been layoffs that week Now Is Not The Time.

Spirit of WATTOO strong in the folk absolutely pissing their pants that people might want to do anything other than film their cumshots after a great win.

No one getting irate. Was just a bit of sarcasm. Calm doon.

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

He was also the permanent physio during the Brian Reid era.

12 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I think this might set this thread on fire again, but a donner pie sounds absolutely howling. 

I’m in my early 30s. Any foodstuff seems to create acid reflux. This sounds like an A-bomb for the gut 

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

Spirit of WATTOO strong in the folk absolutely pissing their pants that people might want to do anything other than film their cumshots after a great win.

I’ll caveat this with 8/10 times I more or less agree with what you put up …and as a poster whose contributions are largely inane and barely register, it’s probably not my place to say. But you do have a tendency to extract the most Insane potential outcome of anybodys posts and say that’s what they want.  And then get all sarky and smug that they could possibly think something so preposterous. Usually spread over 4-5 paragraphs. 

Folk pointing out that humming and hawing about a camera angle after we just dismantled the SS b team on tv is a bit pointless isn’t the same as saying they should post post chug photos or that we should have some big AUFC love in ffs. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Pretty sure nobody is thinking "aye, that was a decent performance, but the lack of professional level media facilities has ruined it for me", or anything like that. Everyone enjoyed the game and thinks it's encouraging for the season ahead. The camera thing is worth mentioning because Friday night was the first time it's come up. 

Some folks are awfully touchy about anything even mildly critical that gets said about the club. 🤷🏻

Very pleased with my decision to make sure my arse was the first one to sit on my season ticket seat in the North Stand for a League game. On Friday night’s evidence I’ll need to get some flights booked to attend more home games than I was originally planning this season. Early days but this is a team that can and should be competing for the title.

One of those games where 5 or 6 players had a realistic shout for MoM - Dempsey shaded it for me but you wouldn’t have argued with either centre-half, Henderson, Dowds, Rus or Frankie for attacking shift if not his defensive one.

One of the pleasing things was there is still room for improvement from this team. Seems strange to say but our finishing could have been sharper as 5-0 was the absolute minimum the score line could have been and it’s not exaggerating it to say that could have been getting towards double figures.

Frankie’s shift was immense and from an attacking perspective he was terrific and clearly has a great understanding already with Henderson but he seemed to stand off his man too much defensively and is very short of pace which Airdrie seemed to have worked out very early on. The way we play will mean we will ship some goals although confident we’ll score more but think right back will be where teams will target us.

Stone’s kicking could improve but like the look of him - big and athletic  type that fills a lot of the goal which should make strikers think they need to aim for the corners of the goal to beat him.

On the subjects that seem to be interest some posters more than the football:

TV cameras - the main TV camera was in my line of vision but didn’t affect my view in any way. Can see that might possibly not be the case for a few seats in the first couple of rows of the hospitality seats but those seats weren’t close to all being used to really a non-issue at the moment as far as I could see but probably something for the club to think about. Doesn’t warrant the level of knicker wetting seen from some on the subject is my 2 cents.

Empire biscuits. I did comment about them being on the menu to a mate - didn’t try one but would be disappointed if they didn’t have plenty of jam and also royal icing that wasn’t too solid along with a decent quality jelly tot on top.

Toilets - more needed - quicker to go to the ones under the family stand than queue at the corner of the NT/SRE.

Pies - didn’t see a doner option but can confirm they were selling them at the Queens Park game at the end of last season. Had too much chilli sauce on them was the outcome of my taste test. Had a macaroni pie on Friday that was a bit bland - needed more/stronger chees but as it was a free one they were giving away at the end of the game I can’t really complain.

Mural - have zero interest in this although if I lived opposite Somerset I’d be dead against it. Anyone who thinks it wouldn’t be added to or amended within 24 hours by some wee scrote is kidding themselves though. A nice black and white paint job would do the job for me.

If anyone wasn’t at the game I’d strongly suggest you start attending as this season has 87/88 vibes for me although maybe a bit early for that.