The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

oh i'm just about to finally watch the full game back, but no doubt right now at least that line up we have is our strongest almost feel bad a bit for Watret but i imagine he'll get his game time when Musonda goes out on International Duty/Injuries/Suspensions

The cross Rus puts in between the two defenders is a thing of beauty, a video of it should be in the Louvre. Watret will get his opportunities between the bench and full games, no chance Musonda won't be called up to the Zambia side if he plays even half as well every week. Can see him also starting in the challenge cup. 

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Has anyone heard the rumours of a bounce game with Hearts tomorrow ? Maybe Robbo can confirm ? 

I am beginning to think Devlin was allocated the same squad number as Nathan McGinley, he will ned game time, as will Walker, McRoberts, Tomlinson, McCallister and Watret so it would make sense. 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am beginning to think Devlin was allocated the same squad number as Nathan McGinley, he will ned game time, as will Walker, McRoberts, Tomlinson, McCallister and Watret so it would make sense. 

With us having a larger squad, was really surprised we're not in the reserve league.  Suppose they might just want to pick and chose reserve friendlies regularly.

49 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am beginning to think Devlin was allocated the same squad number as Nathan McGinley, he will ned game time, as will Walker, McRoberts, Tomlinson, McCallister and Watret so it would make sense

I heard the purpose , if indeed true , is for us to have a look at one of the Hearts players . . 

Am I right in thinking the Trust/Challenge Cup draw is on Monday? Think we have a decent shot at a deep run this year if we take it seriously.

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

With us having a larger squad, was really surprised we're not in the reserve league.  Suppose they might just want to pick and chose reserve friendlies regularly.

The way Scott Brown has us playing could be a stretch to replicate in a reserve league so maybe stronger opposition like Hearts on a fairly regular basis is what the plan is? Who knows?

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Am I right in thinking the Trust/Challenge Cup draw is on Monday? Think we have a decent shot at a deep run this year if we take it seriously.

Mind the time we scudded Sevco B and then got thrown out for fielding ineligible players? That was some laugh.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

According to Ayr United website he’s number 5 

12 minutes ago, Iain said:

Yep.

"Third-round ties are scheduled for the weekend of September 7/8, with the draw to be made on Monday August 19."

Looking at who is currently in it, assuming they win I'd like something semi interesting like Fraserburgh away or the winner of Elgin/Banks o Dee away. Rest of it is pretty meh looking. 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Looking at who is currently in it, assuming they win I'd like something semi interesting like Fraserburgh away or the winner of Elgin/Banks o Dee away. Rest of it is pretty meh looking. 

We’ve played Elgin a good few times over the last few years would much prefer someone else 

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I went to Banks O'Dee the last time we played them in the cup

Coldest I've ever been at a fitba match and the floodlights weren't strong enough to light the centre circle :lol:

51 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I wonder who we are interested in

Probably either Finlay Pollock or Macaulay Tait since we're meant to be after a midfielder unless they want to send Forrest down.

53 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I wonder who we are interested in

A midfielder most likely. Not clued up enough on the Hearts squad to know who it would be. 

7 hours ago, railwayend said:

Has anyone heard the rumours of a bounce game with Hearts tomorrow ? Maybe Robbo can confirm ? 

Yes closed door game ,to give everyone some game time 

Edited by Finlay21