The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I like how folk have moaned in the past about the club doing feck all to try and encourage supporters along and then when you get the chairman doing a club interview exactly about that folk still moan...

He acknowledges there's a challenge with crowd numbers because of historical challenges which we all know on here.

Plus it's also been great to actually see an effort made on the socials almost every day so far drumming on about tickets for Saturday. 

Much rather they over communicate than under communicate

We had no early bird season ticket price and the payment scheme was about 2/3 months later than the previous season, which wont have helped.  We do a lot on social media, however only people who follow us will see it.  Killie had lots of radio adverts over the close season, heard it many times a day about season tickets etc.  Whether we look at that as external advertising or have more pop up shops in the town/billboard advertising.  I've not taken a ST this year, but would probably have had the the payment scheme have been earlier.  Mind you, they'll probably get more money out of me in the long run over the season

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

I like how folk have moaned in the past about the club doing feck all to try and encourage supporters along and then when you get the chairman doing a club interview exactly about that folk still moan...

He acknowledges there's a challenge with crowd numbers because of historical challenges which we all know on here.

Plus it's also been great to actually see an effort made on the socials almost every day so far drumming on about tickets for Saturday. 

Much rather they over communicate than under communicate

That was only really done once pre-season started though. The season ticket launch was a cold - you need to renew within a week and this is the price, that was in May. They also removed the main incentive, other than helping the club obviously. Again it feels like the club had a - build it and they will come attitude and were surprised when only 1270 turned up. 

Basing your success against other clubs season ticket sales is pointless. You’d need to look at them like for like. 
If Falkirk give away, say 1000 free season tickets, or sell them for a £10, Or Dunfermline offer a free second child with a parent and child season for example(I haven’t looked to see what either club offer) how does that match Ayrs demographic? 

Although going over old ground, was in the pub in town pre match on Friday and were speaking to a few boys who were out for a few drinks that are local.  Were going to head along to the match with us, but as soon as they found out you have to do it all on Main Event Tickets they just couldn't be bothered and watched it in the pub.  I know there is the pod next to the Hub, but folk just can't be arsed queuing twice, especially if it's a last minute decision.

Edited by callum-ayr

A slightly un-nerving morning with the Brown / Raith interview rumours resurfacing along with the interview with the Smith interview possibly suggesting we've budgeted for higher numbers....need Saturday to roll round ASAP so the team can do the talking on the park...

32 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

This again?

It's nice that he's being transparent about it, but there was quite clearly a subtext on that clip where the budget has been set for much higher gates. I personally think that if performances continue it'll keep bringing fans in but the question is what that figure needs to be. 5000? The club's barely avoided relegation in three of the last four seasons.

37 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

With no early bird discount, if someone hasn’t bought a season ticket after this Saturdays game, they’d be as well parking the whole conversation until half seasons are on sale because it would be virtually the same price for a walk up ticket every week. 

Yeah this, my financial situation is about to nicely improve so I'll be re-starting up my player fund.  But a season ticket just isn't a consideration for me. 

I actually don't think the interview was really because numbers are low, it was an opportunity to bring it up while explaining we are exploring outside investment.  

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'll eat my proverbial hat if Brown ends up at Raith. More chance of me marrying Margot Robbie. 

I'm also uneasy on the Fernandes comments. 

I wouldn't say I ma uneasy about it.  The club isn't worth any sort of money that really makes it an asset in his eyes compared to his net worth.  If he is going to be here a lot more, it's maybe something he's interested in sponsoring/investing in to help the club out.  I don't see much going to a player budget etc.  Had heard he had been interested years back about investing, but nothing came of it.

This Fernandes thing is a weird one it's like the club are publicly wooing him, the boy who put that your tube blog out is a member of the media team and if he was asked not to show him he wouldn't, VOR posting about it and now the chairman hinting.

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah this, my financial situation is about to nicely improve so I'll be re-starting up my player fund.  But a season ticket just isn't a consideration for me. 

I actually don't think the interview was really because numbers are low, it was an opportunity to bring it up while explaining we are exploring outside investment.  

Smith is in a tricky situation, new stand, big name manager, enhanced hospitality offering, record sponsorship, potential of a new millionaire investor….how does any of that say to a supporter, we need you to dig deep? The club quite clearly will always need supporters through the gate to keep the lights on. It’s something Smith and Mathie will need to balance. 

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I wouldn't say I ma uneasy about it.  The club isn't worth any sort of money that really makes it an asset in his eyes compared to his net worth.  If he is going to be here a lot more, it's maybe something he's interested in sponsoring/investing in to help the club out.  I don't see much going to a player budget etc.  Had heard he had been interested years back about investing, but nothing came of it.

No idea if there's anything in it at all but if Fernandes was to invest, it wouldn't be the £100 million needed to get a team up to the EPL. £200k would be enough to give a team in the Scottish championship a massive boost towards promotion. 

It seems a bit fairy tale to be honest but definitely not impossible.

It's not a huge risk for him and who knows what dealings he's got going on with our chairman.

Football is an entertainment business. If the product on the park remains anywhere near Friday night levels I'm sure we'll see more folk through the gate on a weekly basis. While it's maybe a wee bit disappointing we didn't sell more season tickets and have the money up front, it's probably only Falkirk who have massively outsold us in that regard. Others might be a bit ahead, but given where we are coming from that's understandable.

16 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

This Fernandes thing is a weird one it's like the club are publicly wooing him, the boy who put that your tube blog out is a member of the media team and if he was asked not to show him he wouldn't, VOR posting about it and now the chairman hinting.

If it's the Blair McNally video then he's not anything to do with Ayr and possibly wouldn't even have noticed who it was.

Suppose any previous interest in investing would be when SFA were against dual ownership and just so happens he no longer owns QPR. He did at least post online that he had fun although maybe next time he'll get to sit in the new stand.