The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought Howley had really started to grow into the game when he took him off, but fair play as McKenzie was good when he came on. 

Agreed but I also don't want to see Rus on the left wing again any time soon. 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

No sign of McAvoy?  Really need him to be available for the Partick game.  

He was doing some running during the warm up so he is here but clearly wasn’t fit enough to play today. Might be a case that he’s only had one training session with the team and Brown didn’t think he was ready. 

I’d be hoping he’s starting next week as McAllister can’t be starting against Thistle. 

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

No sign of McAvoy?  Really need him to be available for the Partick game.  

Was in the north terrace along with Musonda and McMann so might still be not up to speed yet

2nd Half Performance was like how we played against Raith in the 1st half of the league game a couple of weeks ago.

1st half today we were hopeless, looked like we were treating it as a pre season friendly.

Broony obviously dished out some hairdryer treatment at half time

21 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He was definitely better in the second half out there, an option in certain games. 

I can’t see McAvoy coming straight in and starting on Saturday, so imagine it’ll be McAllister again. 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to be our "diddy" cup trophy now. The big hitters™ of Raith, Partick and Falkirk all out. Only really Airdrie left and we own them 

Yeah I know it's the diddy cup, but we're top of the diddy league pile and cannot claim diddy supremacy unless we do a diddy league and cup double.

36 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

At 2 nil down,still felt we could turn it around, wouldn't have thought that the last few years,this team creates chances,with first choice defenders out,we are going to concide goals with the replacements,we'll certain replacements 

As pish as the first half was, the goals were still basically specific mistakes. Raith were never actually on top. Can only remember a single passage of play where they even played very well and that was after the winner.

27 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I thought Rus was basically the only thing worth watching in the first half. On the other hand obviously this is because the NT gets a better view of the left wing and the competition was Reading.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Watret could be doing with a rest about now but there's not really another option available.

I’ve never really got that in football. He’s 17(?) probably fitter than most of the squad, we’re only playing once a week at the moment and we’re in early September. If he’s the best player in that position he should be playing every week.

3 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

I’ve never really got that in football. He’s 17(?) probably fitter than most of the squad, we’re only playing once a week at the moment and we’re in early September. If he’s the best player in that position he should be playing every week.

Yeah, he's 17.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Watret could be doing with a rest about now but there's not really another option available.

I’d be more comfortable with Mcallister playing there than having him at centre half. That being said I don’t want to drop watret 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d be more comfortable with Mcallister playing there than having him at centre half. That being said I don’t want to drop watret 

We should have punted McAllister to EK not Hamilton, I get why as it will be better for him in the long run.