The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club played down speculation on the new training ground.

Is say it was beyond speculation when a club employee says it. 

Just coming out and saying, Ayr, I’ve bought it but we haven’t even started any funding or planning applications so there is no news for the foreseeable. 

The land registry will, I assume be updated so it’s not something he can hide forever

Club have been very careful not to announce any signings until the paperwork is done. I would assume it's a similar situation here. 

55 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Club have been very careful not to announce any signings until the paperwork is done. I would assume it's a similar situation here. 

Aye, buying it, having the deeds transferred, having any idea what you’ll do with it or timescale will take months if he’s just bought it. The cats out the bag now though.

Maybe he’ll be more candid at the Q&A night 

58 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye, buying it, having the deeds transferred, having any idea what you’ll do with it or timescale will take months if he’s just bought it. The cats out the bag now though.

Maybe he’ll be more candid at the Q&A night 

Both Smith and Mathie were talking about it at a recent chamber of commerce event at Somerset, allegedly

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Both Smith and Mathie were talking about it at a recent chamber of commerce event at Somerset, allegedly

So did he already have that since 2020 or has he just bought the dark blue bit here?

Or has he bought even more of that railway yard, maybe a subdivided plot of it?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7d0390400acb6a5ae0a25c7cb54af0d0.jpg

28 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

So did he already have that since 2020 or has he just bought the dark blue bit here?

Half the pink bit is currently under the North stand so I’d hope so. 

He’s apparently bought the whole yard

29 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

The pink bit was bought for the new stand.

No idea about the blue section as it's just shrubbery and trees

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Half the pink bit is currently under the North stand so I’d hope so. 

He’s apparently bought the whole yard

God knows what sort of shite will be underground in that yard.

Probably asbestos and all sorts from old chemicals/oils/materials probably buried underneath...

*Tbf Kirkwood put planning permission in to build houses on it so somebody has obviously determined it's suitable to build on

Edited by Rb123

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

The pink bit was bought for the new stand.

No idea about the blue section as it's just shrubbery and trees

Could be talking shite but am sure I heard it was a German train company or something that owned that bit?

Regardless of the plan is to put a training centre etc in there then that’s absolutely brilliant

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Could be talking shite but am sure I heard it was a German train company or something that owned that bit?

Regardless of the plan is to put a training centre etc in there then that’s absolutely brilliant

It was at a Q&A in the hub Smith said he'd enquired and it's owned by a German lot who were wanting stupid money. 

I always thought about the land off east park road where the stamp works used to be would be an ideal spot but it's a large area and I think earmarked for housing 

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

It is owned by a German company who last year was looking for silly money , reported to be over a million ,

26 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

God knows what sort of shite will be underground in that yard.

Probably asbestos and all sorts from old chemicals/oils/materials probably buried underneath...

*Tbf Kirkwood put planning permission in to build houses on it so somebody has obviously determined it's suitable to build on

Planning permission is usually applied for before it's made suitable for use. Council would grant planning permission on the condition that it's remediated and safe for its proposed use.

Unfortunate Smith wasn't involved at Ayr when the council started talks with the rugby club to sell Dam Park. Looks to have been sold for £200k. Could have replaced the pitch and you would have had the benefit of a training ground and a place suitable to host the U18 and women's teams instead of them playing in Cumnock.

1 hour ago, Rodders1910 said:

Planning permission is usually applied for before it's made suitable for use. Council would grant planning permission on the condition that it's remediated and safe for its proposed use.

I guess it would depend on the use, he could buy it and use it as a car park while he waits for the permissions. Make some extra cash. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am guessing that there is no chance that the Falkirk game on the 5th of October won't be moved to the Friday night for TV on the 4th, the same night as the Q&A is arranged?

Did Falkirk not have their home game against QP put on the tele? Given the BBC rules where they only visit the same ground twice a season then I don’t think Falkirk will have a live game shown on the Friday night until after the turn of the year. Probably the same with us. 

I will be raging if that game gets moved to a Friday night, I wouldn't be able to make it.

But aye, I'm assuming the BBC will keep the other Falkirk home game for later in the season. Hopefully.

Edited by AUcal