The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The next two games will tell us a lot about our season . We are now in win ugly territory, scrape two 1-0 victories despite all our injury problems and it’s safe to say a title challenge is underway . Two draws would suggest it’s more like the play offs at this point . It’ll be interesting to see what happens today . The team selection may give us a clue , Bavidge doesn’t start and it could be we are chasing a new centre forward . 

13 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if you're telling the truth regarding Dowds instead of this being a sarcastic guess

I was told from someone within the club, why would it be a sarcastic guess?

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s a tough one regarding Wales. I think he really has potential to have a good career, I’m not talking EPL or anything because if he was that good he would probably have been stolen away already. It’s feel as if McInnes wants to keep him but the worst thing for Wales, for me,  would be to play 300 minutes of top flight football over the season whilst leading the line for the reserves.

A season having a chance to be a regular starter in the Championship does feel like the natural next step for him.

If Dowds injury is confirmed I think it would be a good move for Wales. He'd get plenty of game time in a side which is creating chances and with a management team that look like they know what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

We might not have our best team on the pitch but our squad is very healthy compared to most so we should be able to cope. A big problem in this division over the last few seasons is teams getting a few injuries and going on long a run of nil points.  This will happen again and a lot of teams will be left relying on young players whilst we have enough cover to loan ours out.

Dowds will be a big loss but Bavidge came with some good reviews so now needs to step up. Think the management team have done their homework around rotation and positions having enough cover so over the season we will be fine 

Problem with a long term loss is that it turns your depth into your starters and now there's no depth at the position any more.

I imagine they'll try to stay in the race until January and decide whether it makes sense to invest in reinforcements at that stage.

33 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

I was told from someone within the club, why would it be a sarcastic guess?

The timelines all seemed like worst case scenarios, so it was easy to think someone was trying to be funny. Sadly it seems the joke is on us.

So that’s Mutch/Stone/Devlin/McAvoy/McMann/Tomlinson/Murphy/Rus/Dowds all injured

Brown really irritating me with the goalkeeping situation. Surprised McGeady hasn’t rocked today, maybe next weeks keeper? 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

So that’s Mutch/Stone/Devlin/McAvoy/McMann/Tomlinson/Murphy/Rus/Dowds all injured

Brown really irritating me with the goalkeeping situation. Surprised McGeady hasn’t rocked today, maybe next weeks keeper? 

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

Why we are loaning more players out when we have an injury crisis is beyond me but fair enough get him game time

Aye complete wrong time to be punting players out on loan. Not even convinced Musonda is fit for the bench.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Aye complete wrong time to be punting players out on loan. Not even convinced Musonda is fit for the bench.

No way Musonda is even half  fit. He'll likely come on though and injure himself again.

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I don't think McGeady even attends the games

Tomlinson isn’t going to play, it makes complete sense to get him out on loan instead of him wasting away on the bench as we have some injury issues for a few weeks. 

We also have another wide player on the bench anyway. Plus McKenzie. 

Edited by No_Problemo