The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think anyone in the league has a finisher or top level player for this league up front. 

MacIver is obviously a good fit for Falkirk’s system but he has one goal in five in the league so far and for fourteen in league one. Livingston have Stevie May and Robbie Muirhead. 

Brian Graham is the only standout and it remains to be seen if he has now started to drop off. 

Agree with this having seen most now, there's not only no teams that look like they will be particularly free scoring, but no obvious "he'll get more than 20 goals" guy springing to mind. 

Callumn Morrison was our guy, but he's just back from illness and we'll need to see how long he takes to get up to speed and reacts to the tougher league. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree with this having seen most now, there's not only no teams that look like they will be particularly free scoring, but no obvious "he'll get more than 20 goals" guy springing to mind. 

Callumn Morrison was our guy, but he's just back from illness and we'll need to see how long he takes to get up to speed and reacts to the tougher league. 

You would expect Morrison to easily get into double figures, even taking into account time taken to fully recover. 

For us I think Oakley will chip in similarly to MacIver. We then need Rus, Henderson and Murphy to chip in around the ten mark each. As long as he stays fit I think Henderson will get there, Rus hasn’t done it in his career yet and Murphy should get relatively close if he stays fit. 

The issue we have is that the back up guys don’t look like they will get any kind of numbers either. @itzdrksaid it further up, but goals could (and arguably already is) become an issue for us. 

We definitely won't be scoring much with Rus and Bavidge up front and Musonda in midfield.

Maybe get McKenzie up front with Oakley and get Rus back to driving from central midfield with a fit again Murphy on the left and I'd expect to see us start looking more dangerous again, especially if you can get McMann back at some point to get us passing from the back.    

28 minutes ago, Hursty said:

We definitely won't be scoring much with Rus and Bavidge up front and Musonda in midfield.

Maybe get McKenzie up front with Oakley and get Rus back to driving from central midfield with a fit again Murphy on the left and I'd expect to see us start looking more dangerous again, especially if you can get McMann back at some point to get us passing from the back.    

It’s not just up front we have an issue to fix - we need more energy in the middle of the park.  Going away from home and asking Dempsey to play midfield all by himself is just unrealistic.  Chucking in Musonda was a massive brain fart from Brown which will hopefully be a one off aberration.  I think we need Dempsey, Syla and Rus as a midfield 3 with Murphy and Henderson wide hopefully providing somr much needed crosses for Oakley.  I just don’t see the point of playing McKenzie or Bavidge up front with Oakley.  We know how limited McKenzie is and I’m not sure what to make of Bavidge.  As a Scotland u19 he’s theoretically at the same level as Watret, but in reality he looks lightweight and out his depth.  

Adeloye will be another Devlin in the fact he won't have done a pre season (I presume) so will probably need to do 4-6 weeks in house prep to get up to speed.

Unless he's been training with a club who knows...

Can we sign a free agent atm? 

A lot of things I've read is they can only be signed if there's space in the registered squad, in England it seems to be capped at 25 players but can't find anything for Scotland so unsure if it's a thing up here or not?

Was going to suggest Dapo Mepude but see he has signed for Dunfermline 

Just now, Rb123 said:

Can we sign a free agent atm? 

A lot of things I've read is they can only be signed if there's space in the registered squad, in England it seems to be capped at 25 players but can't find anything for Scotland so unsure if it's a thing up here or not?

Was going to suggest Dapo Mepude but see he has signed for Dunfermline 

Aye can sign free agents as long as they were not in contract when the deadline passed. So for instance McGeady can’t sign professional contract until January. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Aye can sign free agents as long as they were not in contract when the deadline passed. So for instance McGeady can’t sign professional contract until January. 

Just cause I read this earlier but think it applies to the premier league

Yes. Clubs can sign free agents - players who are not contracted to another club - at any time.

However, unless there is space in a club's registered squad or the player is under the age of 21, new signings must wait until the next registration period before they can play for the club.