The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Alongside Reading there is a very low tolerance level for any mistakes being made before the boot goes in. Not a massive fan of McAllister but as a squad player he may do a job. 

Both McAllister and Reading can be really good at times and contribute well to the game,  but they also have a tendency to have a game every so often that they can't pass a ball ten yards and ultimately cost us points. That's why the tolerance level is low, it was the same with McGinty, they are unfortunate to be the last line and if they make a mistake, the punishment is usually a goal.

Edited by Only me...

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

For the Super Ayr package it says you get £40 per person inclusive drinks, but don’t know what that actually involves…

As it says £40 for everyone at your table , table of 10 £400 in drinks every time a drink is purchased for your table it is deducted from  your tab , if you exceed your tab I believe you pay the difference before leaving 

Edited by Finlay21

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

As it says £40 for everyone at your table , table of 10 £400 in drinks every time a drink is purchased for your table it is deducted from  your tab , if you exceed your tab I believe you pay the difference before leaving 

Perfect - cheers. 

Wasn’t sure if it was in style of bottles of spirits etc like previous years. 

Sounds like a cracking day/deal!

I was at hospitality at weekend .it's brilliant and very professional.  It will certainly be top end premiership type hospitality. And it's really going to benefit us financially. 

Food was good ,boxes were good for watching the game .though you can't hear any atmosphere from outside which I don't know if the speakers were maybe off but we ended up moving outside into stand to watch second half .I preferred that option .

Myself and another guy never drank but the rest made up for it .we also got to chose man of the match and I don't think we got it wrong with dempsey .

If mckenzie hadn't missed that sitter in 1st half he would have got it. 

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I was at hospitality at weekend .it's brilliant and very professional.  It will certainly be top end premiership type hospitality. And it's really going to benefit us financially. 

Food was good ,boxes were good for watching the game .though you can't hear any atmosphere from outside which I don't know if the speakers were maybe off but we ended up moving outside into stand to watch second half .I preferred that option .

Myself and another guy never drank but the rest made up for it .we also got to chose man of the match and I don't think we got it wrong with dempsey .

Sounds ideal - though, I was hoping you could hear what was happening in the boxes now. Decent being inside in December though! 

Definitely went under the radar how well McKenzie played at the weekend, because it was McKenzie basically. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Perfect - cheers. 

Wasn’t sure if it was in style of bottles of spirits etc like previous years. 

Sounds like a cracking day/deal!

Took away the bottle version as it limited your table to o only  a couple of spirits ( fine in the good old days ) but that many people are now drinking weird and wonderful new flavoured spirits 

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Not sure there are any speakers installed yet but it was something they were looking at. Whilst they would certainly help with the atmosphere it could also go the other way if the wrong person stood next to them and everyone was treated to their drivel 

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Scott Tomlinson starting for Stenny against Sevco B

I imagine rangers will win the competition if they continue playing the likes of Hagi, Danilo and King. 

Tournament utterly f**king ruined so their players can get a few reserve games. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I imagine rangers will win the competition if they continue playing the likes of Hagi, Danilo and King. 

Agreed. I personally loved the involvement of the non-Scottish clubs, it added some genuine interest to the tournament for me. I would much rather a Welsh or Norn Irish team got to the final over Rangers reserves - imagine getting there and then having to listen to that drivel for 90 mins?

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Sevco at their worst as usual. Fielding a 25 year old and 26 year old. So much for giving youth a chance. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I was all for Ayr doing well in the diddy diddy cup right up to the point that the colts teams entered. I’m not now or ever will be against Ayr winning a game of anything up to and including rock paper scissors but when a competition becomes the start of a slippery slope to the 2 cheeks getting their way and having B teams in the league structure I’m out. If (A) is the status quo and ‘them’ having b teams in the league structure is (z) then f**k (b), the daddy diddy cup. Slippery slope.

There's pretty much no tolerance when any of Reading, McKenzie or McAllister make a mistake and I sometimes wonder if folk are actually watching what's going on. Reading has been generally pretty decent since Brown came in and McKenzie has shown an ability to slot in wherever we have a problem and play to a reasonable level. McAllister can't pass the ball, but he's about 5th choice centre half and probably not expected to play very often. Dunfermline and Saturday aside, he's done ok. Brown talks about having 2 players for every position but at our level they're never both going to be starting quality.

4 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

There's pretty much no tolerance when any of Reading, McKenzie or McAllister make a mistake and I sometimes wonder if folk are actually watching what's going on. Reading has been generally pretty decent since Brown came in and McKenzie has shown an ability to slot in wherever we have a problem and play to a reasonable level. McAllister can't pass the ball, but he's about 5th choice centre half and probably not expected to play very often. Dunfermline and Saturday aside, he's done ok. Brown talks about having 2 players for every position but at our level they're never both going to be starting quality.

Reading made a howler against Raith in the cup but in fairness he recovered well and people acknowledged that. 

I don’t think it can be overrated how bad McAllister is at centre back when he has to kick the ball. I can see how attributing the first goal to him is harsh. It’s a fantastic finish and 9/10 that move breaks down even with McAllister gifting it straight to a Livi player. I think the wider effect of him playing there is how poor Stanger is becoming. I’ve seen some praise for him on here but I don’t see it. I think with him having to become the distributor from the back, it’s too much for him to worry about. The defence as a whole looks shakier with McAllister there as everyone knows a mistake is round the corner.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reading made a howler against Raith in the cup but in fairness he recovered well and people acknowledged that. 

I don’t think it can be overrated how bad McAllister is at centre back when he has to kick the ball. I can see how attributing the first goal to him is harsh. It’s a fantastic finish and 9/10 that move breaks down even with McAllister gifting it straight to a Livi player. I think the wider effect of him playing there is how poor Stanger is becoming. I’ve seen some praise for him on here but I don’t see it. I think with him having to become the distributor from the back, it’s too much for him to worry about. The defence as a whole looks shakier with McAllister there as everyone knows a mistake is round the corner.

Absolutely agree about Stanger when McAllister is playing. He's trying to do it all himself. Reading has improved with better players around him but McAllister hasn't.

2 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

There's pretty much no tolerance when any of Reading, McKenzie or McAllister make a mistake and I sometimes wonder if folk are actually watching what's going on.

Reading, McKenzie and McAllister are three of the longest-serving first-team players at this point. You'd expect that to be on merit rather than inertia.

11 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I was all for Ayr doing well in the diddy diddy cup right up to the point that the colts teams entered. I’m not now or ever will be against Ayr winning a game of anything up to and including rock paper scissors but when a competition becomes the start of a slippery slope to the 2 cheeks getting their way and having B teams in the league structure I’m out. If (A) is the status quo and ‘them’ having b teams in the league structure is (z) then f**k (b), the daddy diddy cup. Slippery slope.

11 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Agreed. I personally loved the involvement of the non-Scottish clubs, it added some genuine interest to the tournament for me. I would much rather a Welsh or Norn Irish team got to the final over Rangers reserves - imagine getting there and then having to listen to that drivel for 90 mins?

If they continue to put out nonsense teams like that then clubs should just collectively agree to refuse to play them.

12 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ye, but it'd be all the sweeter if we beat those Nazi morons.