The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

When McCall mentions 2-3 loan players, I'd assume that would be inclusive of Doohan (assuming he returns - but sounds a done deal).
My guess would be a winger and striker on loan.

I’m interested to see what type of midfielder he brings in to replace Crawford. We’re pretty strong in there with Murdoch one of the best in his position in this league imo and Kerr and Doc are good backups to have. A bit of height in there would be handy.

Two really good interviews Doolan comes across really well and you can see why Thistle fans love him so much could be a great signing on and off the park and there is nothing like a McCall interview to get you buzzing for the season and shut up some of the mutants in on the FB page, can't believe I was raging when he was appointed thought he was an arrogant prat but now I couldn't imagine any one else in charge

I’m interested to see what type of midfielder he brings in to replace Crawford. We’re pretty strong in there with Murdoch one of the best in his position in this league imo and Kerr and Doc are good backups to have. A bit of height in there would be handy.
I think we need something different in midfield
Murdoch, Jamie, Kerr, Geggan and Doc are all very similar.

Some exceptionally good fringe players looking to be put out on loan from the ugly sisters , we seem to have a good relationship with the green side and looking at potential interest on the blue side , nothing more than rumours at this time 

Just some thoughts ,howz about the following ? Keeper : Doohan (loan) .Right Back/Centre Half : Lewis Toshney . Winger : Dom Thomas (loan) . Centre Midfield : Chris Erskine , Striker :Jack Atchison (loan) ....

I’d take Doohan and Thomas from that list and I can’t see Killie loaning us a player.

Toshney is permanently crocked these days and is signing for Falkirk. Aitchison signed for Dumbarton on loan then decided to f**k off when things weren’t going there way.

Some exceptionally good fringe players looking to be put out on loan from the ugly sisters , we seem to have a good relationship with the green side and looking at potential interest on the blue side , nothing more than rumours at this time 

Someone mentioned Middleton but it appears he’s going on loan to Doncaster.

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Myth has it that if I shout Zak Rudden into my mirror enough times before I go to bed he will sign for Ayr. 

Myth has it that if I shout Zak Rudden into my mirror enough times before I go to bed he will sign for Ayr. 

He’s apparently injured for the next 11-12 weeks according to Falkirk so we wouldn’t get him for the Betfred matches.

Bruce Anderson, Scott Wright are 2 good options that I can’t see getting game time where they are. There’s every possibility we’ll wait until after the Betfred games and pick up someone that has been told they can leave.

I think the priority now is confirming Doohan and replacing Crawford.

Zak Rudden would be a superb signing but I'm guessing there will be some bigger fish after him . We seem to be well connected at Aberdeen and Celtic ,fair chance some of the three loans could come from there . Well Doohan is a cert obviously .

Dapo Mebude is one from Rangers I wouldn't mind seeing on loan bit of a buzz about him Gerrard obviously rates him as he was in the last squad of the season and he's different to what we have may make an impact like Rudden did for Falkirk.

Think Middleton is a bit of an ask, wages will be extortionate but should be looking to utilise the ugly sisters well for the loan market, dare i even say Calvin Miller again. I was quite impressed with him and we could go with a lot worst for this season than Miller.

Another one i would consider is Zanatta but if he's going back out on loan thought Goodwin would be first in line for him at Alloa, however that could go pear-shaped if Goodwin goes to St Mirren.

Anthony Ralston aswell on loan from Celtic could be possible, someone who has high prospects but needs a good season, is a RB.