The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Parkhouse said:

Firstly I didn’t say we WERE losing fortunes, I said IF we were losing fortunes. Either way, IF we are, as the decision maker that’s as a result of decisions Lachlan has made.

There is an alternative to cutting costs. You can increase revenue streams.

No disrespect intended but parties interested in owning Ayr United are unlikely to feel the need to notify ordinary fans like you or me of their interest in doing so. That’s not to say they’re not out there. Lachlan has said he would only sell to the right person/people. He has also indicated he has been approached over the years. We are not privy to what was offered or what has been asked for so it’s hard to say if any of those people were realistic options or if Lachlan is asking for a realistic price for the club. We (or certainly I) don’t know.

Clubs don’t need to have a majority owner. Lachlan’s shareholding could be split amongst potential investors. He could even maintain a smaller shareholding. There are numerous options that could be looked at. Are we really saying Ayr United are the only football club in the country nobody but Lachlan wants to run or has the financial capability to run?

A lot of ifs in your post but genuinely interested in what your Higher Accounting textbook tells you about how to meaningfully increase the revenue streams of a provincial Scottish football club.

To put things into a bit of perspective the 5 star lottery and 500 club are of significant importance, and rightly so, to the club.

I still fail to believe that people willing and able to invest are standing by waiting to get involved. If they aren't attracted with our current profile then I doubt they ever will be.

Or are they waiting for the wheels to come off, our value to fall and ride to the rescue to get us back out of League 1?

We've got an owner who's as committed to the club as we could hope for and who, more importantly, is willing to make up shortfalls. He isn't perfect, trying to get in touch with him is a challenge, but be careful what you wish for.

I'd really ask you to spell out specifically what you'd like to happen in the short, medium and long term.

55 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You lost about £70k in the year to June 2018, a promotion season from the division below. More or less broke even the year to June 17. You haven't filed accounts to June 19 yet. You are insolvent by about £1.5m and owe about £1.75m to Directors and related companies in 'soft loans'

Do you mind if I prefer the first half of your post more than the second half?!

Think from memory that our Annual turnover is around a £1m. Perhaps a new share issue and re-addressing of the soft loans might happen in the future to redress some of the shortfall.

I also wonder if the sad passing of Bill Barr has any financial implications for the club. 

A lot of ifs in your post but genuinely interested in what your Higher Accounting textbook tells you about how to meaningfully increase the revenue streams of a provincial Scottish football club.
To put things into a bit of perspective the 5 star lottery and 500 club are of significant importance, and rightly so, to the club.
I still fail to believe that people willing and able to invest are standing by waiting to get involved. If they aren't attracted with our current profile then I doubt they ever will be.
Or are they waiting for the wheels to come off, our value to fall and ride to the rescue to get us back out of League 1?
We've got an owner who's as committed to the club as we could hope for and who, more importantly, is willing to make up shortfalls. He isn't perfect, trying to get in touch with him is a challenge, but be careful what you wish for.
I'd really ask you to spell out specifically what you'd like to happen in the short, medium and long term.

You’re getting a wee bit personal now with the my “Higher Accounting textbook” dig. No need for that is there? I thought we were having a fairly reasonable discussion?

We disagree on whether there are other people interested in investing in Ayr United. I think there are, you think there aren’t. So be it, we’re all entitled to our opinions. I’m also well aware that Ayr United could have a worse owner than Lachlan Cameron.

5 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

You’re getting a wee bit personal now with the my “Higher Accounting textbook” dig. No need for that is there? I thought we were having a fairly reasonable discussion?

We disagree on whether there are other people interested in investing in Ayr United. I think there are, you think there aren’t. So be it, we’re all entitled to our opinions. I’m also well aware that Ayr United could have a worse owner than Lachlan Cameron.

Genuine apologies for the attempt at humour.

Still really interested in how you think the club can markedly improve its revenue streams and if you are personally aware if there are indeed people willing to invest in the club?

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Frank Ross has returned to Aberdeen.

Shame he never got the chance to show what he could do, he came with a record of injuries, so I suppose it shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise.

Hopefully he can get over them and get his career back on track.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, probably.

Only an idiot, a crook, or someone with very deep pockets and a sentimental attachment would get involved with a Scottish football club in ANY division.........

There seems to be a lot of those type of people around as most clubs in Scotland always seem to have an owner

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

There seems to be a lot of those type of people around as most clubs in Scotland always seem to have an owner

There's no doubt about that.

I think Dundee, Livingston, Sevco (x at least 4), Hearts, Airdrie, Motherwell & Dunfermline fans could all vouch for that..........

There's no doubt about that.

I think Dundee, Livingston, Sevco (x at least 4), Hearts, Airdrie, Motherwell & Dunfermline fans could all vouch for that..........

Airdrie a top club who reside in a lovely all seater stadium in the centre of scotland. Ayr are rotten and reside in a shitehole stadium in a shitehole town next to the sea.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Airdrie a top club who reside in a lovely all seater stadium in the centre of scotland. Ayr are rotten and reside in a shitehole stadium in a shitehole town next to the sea.

Comedy value. Where's the lovely all seater stadium?! Though you would definitely know what a shitehole town looks like to be fair.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Frank Ross has returned to Aberdeen. 

Can only assume he’s had a setback of some kind as Kerr was talking about him being fit for after our wee mini break.  Have to feel a bit sorry for him as he seems to have had wretched luck with injuries.

16 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I'm not having it, our stadium is fantastico, San Somerset !!

All joking aside, I bet you miss Broomfield, I know I do from a visiting perspective.

16 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Have Airdrie  actually made it beyond League 1 level (on merit) since they re-spawned in 2002?  And no, you can’t count Clydebank’s history...

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Can only assume he’s had a setback of some kind as Kerr was talking about him being fit for after our wee mini break.  Have to feel a bit sorry for him as he seems to have had wretched luck with injuries.

Not seen anything on that, however I did read about a steward being spat in the face, which seems like fake news as I'm assuming it was our sniggering pal who was of course ushered away, so unless it happened post match or involved a different steward I think that's been made up crap in order to try and save his job / justify his actions ???