The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Parkhouse said:

Who or what did Lachlan save the club from, himself? At the time the Cameron family took on majority ownership from Bill Barr we were told the club had no debt. Check back on the papers at the time if you want evidence of that. So who was responsible for where we found ourselves not long after?

My own guess is the Cameron family bought the club for a token sum from Barr. Now if that’s correct , you’d need to be a very trusting person not to ask yourself why someone would sell you their majority share in a football club for a token sum if there were no strings attached. Presuming due diligence was undertaken, it’s logical therefore to think the Cameron family took over ownership with a fair idea of where the club sat financially.

The club has never been in administration or admitted to being close to deaths door. If either situation had arisen who’s to say a fans consortium wouldn’t have save saved the club? Who’s to say other interested parties would not have emerged? We’ll never know as the situation never materialised but it’s complete rubbish to say Lachlan saved the club, unless you mean from his own mismanagement?

When Kennedy tried to buy Ayr, his statement at the time was he had assumed Cameron (Sr) would honour the same deal the previous owners had been given where they buy the club for £1 and assume the debt. 

Two things from that, One -  If the Camerons did that with no due diligence then thats on them and two - Cameron has saved us from Kennedy and that restore a roof chap at least. 

9 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

Who or what did Lachlan save the club from, himself? At the time the Cameron family took on majority ownership from Bill Barr we were told the club had no debt. Check back on the papers at the time if you want evidence of that. So who was responsible for where we found ourselves not long after?

My own guess is the Cameron family bought the club for a token sum from Barr. Now if that’s correct , you’d need to be a very trusting person not to ask yourself why someone would sell you their majority share in a football club for a token sum if there were no strings attached. Presuming due diligence was undertaken, it’s logical therefore to think the Cameron family took over ownership with a fair idea of where the club sat financially.

The club has never been in administration or admitted to being close to deaths door. If either situation had arisen who’s to say a fans consortium wouldn’t have save saved the club? Who’s to say other interested parties would not have emerged? We’ll never know as the situation never materialised but it’s complete rubbish to say Lachlan saved the club, unless you mean from his own mismanagement?

Yeah if I remember correctly we had no debt but a large wage bill and contracts to fulfil. An ex copper was appointed to run the club and we then dug a large financial hole which took a few seasons to sort out 

Which really needed no response from the fans that take great pleasure at the death of someone.

That was my initial point. One of your supporters mentioned us which is obviously going to entice some airdrie fans to comment

When Kennedy tried to buy Ayr, his statement at the time was he had assumed Cameron (Sr) would honour the same deal the previous owners had been given where they buy the club for £1 and assume the debt. 
Two things from that, One -  If the Camerons did that with no due diligence then thats on them and two - Cameron has saved us from Kennedy and that restore a roof chap at least. 

I get what you’re saying but I think it’s stretching the recognised meaning of saving a football club by simply refusing to sell your majority shareholding, for a pittance, to the first (or second) fantasist that comes along.

Shock horror, Airdrie fans still trying to invent some basis to blame Barr for their demise.  Wonder whatever happened to that dossier they submitted to the police accusing Barr of...well who knows really.  Think the conspiracy theory was that Airdrie’s ground would be dismantled Lego style and re-located to Ayr.

For the record, Airdrie folded because of their own board who sold Bloomfield with absolutely no clue where they were going next.  Then there was north Lanarkshire council who stalled for years on planning permission for the new stadium.  In the end, Airdrie over extended themselves on s stadium they couldn’t afford and was at least twice as big as it needed to be - do they even open 3 of the stands these days?  

I may be wrong, but was it even Barr Construction that forced them into administration?  And let’s not forget the role of Steve Archibald.  Promised the earth and delivered nothing.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

You would appear to somehow have knowledge and/or proof to make such a claim. Some finer details of what's he's allegedly done wouldn't go amiss.

I have first hand knowledge of it happening to me during the provisional liquidation process and failed take overs at Airdrie. Warned off from being part of the group trying to stop him, told not to attend games. It happened several times to me and others, by police and the monkeys he placed to run Airdrie.

The issue was time, This wasn't a debt to a director or a local business that you could fob off, If you don't pay tax they shut the club and sell the assets. They had to work relatively quickly to work out a deal to pay the bill. Selling off all the revenue streams like the shop, catering, hospitality etc as well as the car park was a quick fix that probably put us back 5 years.

I don't know how much Cameron paid with his own money at the time but they kept the club going and didn't stiff any creditors like other teams I could mention. I understand why people don't like Cameron but he is due some credit. 

1 hour ago, Parkhouse said:

Well after the financial crash of 2008 and the subsequent collapse of the new stadium deal the club was on its knees, if you don't think they weren't you are deluded.

Even now the financial statements still show that Cameron is filling the financial gap for losses. If he wasn't there who do you suggest would be paying the difference, Somerset Boab with his latest fundraising music video?