Trophy day. Celtic v Aberdeen

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Was a great player and manager for us as well. He was instrumental in that first season we got up, culminating in staying up on that last day at Easter Road. Helped build the foundations that have seen us in the top league ever since. Could never really blame him for leaving us given his history and what he had contributed when he was at Rugby Park.

My old geography teacher was  Killie fan and like you he couldn't blame Tommy Burns for going to Celtic.  His complaint was was how Celtic/Fergus McCann went about arranging the deal.  Fairly certain we were fined £150,000 by the SFA for tapping Tommy up. 

Guest Moomintroll
My old geography teacher was  Killie fan and like you he couldn't blame Tommy Burns for going to Celtic.  His complaint was was how Celtic/Fergus McCann went about arranging the deal.  Fairly certain we were fined £150,000 by the SFA for tapping Tommy up. 

Remember at the time there was a fine as the bunnet thought that paying compensation was an unneccessary frivolity. At most other points in time, Burns would have put together a successful winning team but Goram.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Remember at the time there was a fine as the bunnet thought that paying compensation was a unneccessary frivolity. At most other points in time, Burns would have put together a successful winning team but Goram.

Seem to remember that the way things panned out, Celtic were able to register Burns as manager but Kilmarnock were still able to hold on to his player registration.  "If anyone gets around to doing my tombstone, it'll have to read 'Andy Goram broke my heart'".

Celtic fans showing how utterly irrelevant Shay Logan is to them, by erm, repeatedly posting about him.

Fucking simpletons [emoji38]

In the Celtic v Aberdeen match thread of all places.

Guest Moomintroll
Seem to remember that the way things panned out, Celtic were able to register Burns as manager but Kilmarnock were still able to hold on to his player registration.  "If anyone gets around to doing my tombstone, it'll have to read 'Andy Goram broke my heart'".
Yes we did at the time, to be fair dont think he would have been interested in playing any more by that stage but was a reflection of the anger felt by the Killie board around the circumstances of Tommys departure.

20 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Celtic fans showing how utterly irrelevant Shay Logan is to them, by erm, repeatedly posting about him.

Fucking simpletons emoji38.png

I know it's terrible posting about a player getting sent off after the game was finished happens all the time.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"the shame of Aberdeen"emoji23.png

Judge for yourselves but there are no red cards here, laughable heads gone from celtic here.

A timely reminder that Celtic fans are repellent rats who demand every advantage and weep deeply over every single sleight, perceived or otherwise. They were laughing at Sevco fans when they were in utter tears and a frothing toddler like rage over Lennon cupping his ears, but when Logan does similar they reveal themselves to be just as creitnous as their Sevco brethren.

What a great day out today. Superb fighting performance in defence and midfield, with tackles and blocks aplenty helping to keep our clean sheet intact and Andy taking the only real chance we had. I’ve seen footage of Logan after the final whistle as it was too far away  from us to make anything out at the time, and he seems really unlucky to get a red card, if Lustig, Griffiths and Boyata don’t. Boyata follows him all the way from the far side almost right down the tunnel, sniping at Logan constantly.

A timely reminder that Celtic fans are repellent rats who demand every advantage and weep deeply over every single sleight, perceived or otherwise. They were laughing at Sevco fans when they were in utter tears and a frothing toddler like rage over Lennon cupping his ears, but when Logan does similar they reveal themselves to be just as creitnous as their Sevco brethren.

'Repellent rats'

x0rQzir.jpg

Guest Bob Mahelp

Looks to me from that clip that Logan was on his way back to the tunnel when that pussy Lustig stepped in and started acting the big man. 

I'm amazed he didn't fall down screaming and holding his knee when Shay gave him that tiny wee push.

I trust that Aberdeen will be appealing that. Never a red card in a million years. 

Looking at it again, if Shay was red carded then Boyata should have been as well. On top of that, is it Griffiths who throws the ball at Shay but hilariously misses ?

I trust the SFA will be looking at their actions. 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What a great day out today. Superb fighting performance in defence and midfield, with tackles and blocks aplenty helping to keep our clean sheet intact and Andy taking the only real chance we had. I’ve seen footage of Logan after the final whistle as it was too far away  from us to make anything out at the time, and he seems really unlucky to get a red card, if Lustig, Griffiths and Boyata don’t. Boyata follows him all the way from the far side almost right down the tunnel, sniping at Logan constantly.

Best game I've seen McLean play against Celtic for me he was man of the match. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Must have been a great feeling beating Celtic on their own patch and enraging their fans and players with a spot of goading. What an absolute boi Shay is

They’re bad losers

Even on trophy day, their players were a seething mess after the game 

Brown is a classic case of can’t take it back 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Tbf Aberdeen did hit the bar in the first half so it wasn’t the only chance. I thought it was probably a cross on first viewing but that might be unkind. I actually missed the Aberdeen goal because I was queuing for what felt like an eternity for refreshment - a necessity due to being hungover and having walked from Port Dundas to Parkhead in glorious sunshine.

Looks to me like Boyata tries to reason with him, gets told where to go and reacts. Hard to tell from the clip if Lustig tries to shake his hand or just gets aggressive straight away.

Tbf Aberdeen did hit the bar in the first half so it wasn’t the only chance. I thought it was probably a cross on first viewing but that might be unkind. I actually missed the Aberdeen goal because I was queuing for what felt like an eternity for refreshment - a necessity due to being hungover and having walked from Port Dundas to Parkhead in glorious sunshine.
Looks to me like Boyata tries to reason with him, gets told where to go and reacts. Hard to tell from the clip if Lustig tries to shake his hand or just gets aggressive straight away.

That’ll be after Boyata head buts him then aye ?

Archived