P&B Hospital

On 25/04/2024 at 21:50, Raidernation said:

Still at the Rehab/Care facility. Doing leg strengthening exercises, balance exercises, but need to have the parallel bars to hold onto or grab if I start to "fall" doing the balancing. As for walking....I need to use a "rollator" (ken those things with wheels and a built-in seat that old people use) otherwise I either get very out of balance and would likely fall. Can do about 30-40 steps before I begin to feel like I'm going to fall/start getting light-headed. BP is still crappy, recent high was 108/67 (during PT/OT) but most mornings and afternoons it's usually low 90s/mid 60s, this despite taking meds to raise my BP.

Ach weel, at least I can stand, walk, talk, feed myself, get to the lavvie by myself, so it's not all bad. Moving about here/going to meals, going to activities I have to use a wheelchair, but, on the positive side, ay least I'm able to do this without help (I can propel myself fairly well).

No discharge date (can't send me home until it's safe) and no return to work date either (assuming I get to go back/they will have me back)

Time for me to go to bed now, hope all of you P&Bers oot there are doing well.

Goodnight.

Well then, I was discharged on Friday 3/5 ( insurance issues). On the Saturday morning the Medicaid nurse came to do a check and decided that because of the steps up to my front door, the state of my flat and the pharmacy not having my meds “ you can’t stay here, it’s not safe”.

Couple of phone calls later and I was on my way back here to the care facility. They are apparently not going to discharge me until I have either got the flat clean or I/they find alternative accommodation.

To top it off on 8/5 I had a phone call from work. “…sorry, we can’t hold your job any longer” so effectively I’ve been fired. Really pissed off at that!

Still doing my exercises and still walking every day (both slowly improving), and I’ve had to start applying for jobs.

It’s shite, no joke, but I don’t see what more I can do for now.

I’ll be okay though, too fukcing stubborn (or stupid) to give up, (and at least I’m not a Caley supporter)

Keep trucking P&Bers, you have no idea how helpful you guys and girls are.

✊🏻🤘🏻

• 3 weeks later...

Osteotis pubis. Basically pain along the top of the pelvis and down the groin after any vigorous exercise (unfortunately not that) caused by the muscle movements of playing in goals at walking football. Having physio for it from Ralph Hunter (Cowdenbeath and Arbroath) and on naproxen which is a stronger Anti-inflammatory than Brufen. 
Only shit part is no 5s and have only just been allowed back to play walking football. 

Edited by buchan30

2 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

Had my tonsils removed on Monday and I cannot tell you how grim the last few days has been. Brutal.

I feel your pain man. Just spent 3 days in the Queen Elizabeth in Glasgow to have the base of my tongue shaved and my tonsils removed for biopsies to try to find the source of my primary cancer. A week down the line and I'm still only managing to swallow soup and ice cream. Hoping to manage a few beers tomorrow night though.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Osteotis pubis. Basically pain along the top of the pelvis and down the groin after any vigorous exercise (unfortunately not that) caused by the muscle movements of playing in goals at walking football. Having physio for it from Ralph Hunter (Cowdenbeath and Arbroath) and on naproxen which is a stronger Anti-inflammatory than Brufen. 
Only shit part is no 5s and have only just been allowed back to play walking football. 

I had sympathy for you until you wrote 'Brufen'.

3 hours ago, centralTon said:

I feel your pain man. Just spent 3 days in the Queen Elizabeth in Glasgow to have the base of my tongue shaved and my tonsils removed for biopsies to try to find the source of my primary cancer. A week down the line and I'm still only managing to swallow soup and ice cream. Hoping to manage a few beers tomorrow night though.

Bloody hell, mate. 
Hope you have a speedy recovery, you definitely deserve a beer or two tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, centralTon said:

Aw the best

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've got a slipped disc. First time.

Bit of a shiter. Wouldn't recommend it, likes.

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

I think I've got a slipped disc. First time.

Bit of a shiter. Wouldn't recommend it, likes.

My dad had that years ago. 

My main memory was that he was in hospital with it, and my brother took me to a Falkirk v Queen of the South game at Brockville. Falkirk won 7-1, and we went back and told him about the fantastic game he missed. 

Looking back I don't think it was as cheery an update as I remember. "Hey, you're lying in agony but we had a great time!"

• 2 months later...

Been doing a new job lately, a side effect of which has been that I've somehow strained my middle finger. Thought it might improve with time, but it doesn't seem to be.

Anyone have any suggestions for repairing sore finger joints?

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Been doing a new job lately, a side effect of which has been that I've somehow strained my middle finger. Thought it might improve with time, but it doesn't seem to be.

Rub it off a supermodel. See if that helps.

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

Mrs. F_P swears by these for her arthritic joint pain. Never used them myself.

CayennePepper.thumb.jpg.501ac5991efd493b27eebbba0b108763.jpg

30 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Mrs. F_P swears by these for her arthritic joint pain. Never used them myself.

CayennePepper.thumb.jpg.501ac5991efd493b27eebbba0b108763.jpg

Ta. I can live with the pain/discomfort so long as it heals eventually, but most of the treatments for swollen joints seem to revolve around reducing inflammation (Ibuprofen, for example), which apparently slows down the healing process (but reduces the pain). Bit strange.

Seems like applying cayenne pepper/capsaicin to the skin can help with healing, presumably because it causes irritation and actually increases inflammation? Dunno; clearly more research required.