P&B Hospital

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Help I'm seeing a big multicoloured zigzagging shape flying about.

That’s a classic symptom of migraine.

I have been making attempts to improve my metabolic health in the last few months - doing more cardio and watching my diet. As part of this I downloaded an app to monitor my heart rate, I take a reading once if twice a day when I’m resting. Considering my size I feel I have a very low heart rate. I am 6’ tall and weigh about 113 kilos, my resting heart rate is consistently below 60. Every measure my I’ve done in the last week has been below 60, including a couple at 51.

Is this something to be concerned about? Cardiologists of P&B, show yourselves!

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I have been making attempts to improve my metabolic health in the last few months - doing more cardio and watching my diet. As part of this I downloaded an app to monitor my heart rate, I take a reading once if twice a day when I’m resting. Considering my size I feel I have a very low heart rate. I am 6’ tall and weigh about 113 kilos, my resting heart rate is consistently below 60. Every measure my I’ve done in the last week has been below 60, including a couple at 51.

I'd get that checked mate. Always a good idea to get anything to do with your heart checked out.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is there a cure or is it Dignitas time?

It's Chico time.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Slow heart rate? 113kg?

It's chico time.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is there a cure or is it Dignitas time?

Usually disappears within 20-30 mins but for about 24hrs I usually have a headache hovering away in the background that hammers me if I cough or sneeze. 

7a95ac_5355eb8b1ca0459bb01d19fb8207bce5~mv2.gif

4DiZe.gif

Edited by Dee Man

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Usually disappears within 20-30 mins but for about 24hrs I usually have a headache hovering away in the background that hammers me if I cough or sneeze. 

7a95ac_5355eb8b1ca0459bb01d19fb8207bce5~mv2.gif

4DiZe.gif

My wife suffers from these about twice a year, there was a period where she was having 1 every couple of weeks.

If she necks a couple of paracetamol during this ocular stage of the migraine, it is less intense, however if she doesn't, it's off to a silent, dark room for about 12 hours.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I am slightly taller and 93kg. 

My average rhr over the last year (as measured by the Garmin watch) is 58bpm, and is occasionally in the low 50s. It gets higher if I am at altitude (Alps) or suffering from a virus (or hangover !).

I have always had decent aerobic from cycling, and even though I havent done that much over the last 6 years my heart remains in good condition..................just wish I could say the same about my knackered hips.

I dont think you have anything really to worry about.