Kieran Tierney

12 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I mean that's just a copy and paste from Wikipedia, but oddly with Athletic deleted and Sociedad inserted... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao_signing_policy

Not only are they maybe signing Tierney, they currently have players from France, Russia, Japan, America, Portugal, Mali and Nigeria in their squad.

Did you spot anything else that might have been changed from the original?

On 25/08/2023 at 20:34, Bing.McCrosby said:

Not really Real Sociedad isn't one word. Its like referring to greenock morton as morton, which is exactly what people do.

Or Glasgow rangers as rangers and so on

Or maybe referring to Rangers as Glasgow? Or even 'The'

Greenock against Mirren is always a tasty affair 

Maybe you enjoy watching Midlothian, or perhaps South or even Park. 

His joke may have been weak but your argument is rubbish 

On 13/03/2023 at 13:18, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’d be astounded if Tierney ever moved abroad. This is a boy that got so homesick when he moved to London he moved a random Scottish lodger in with him.

Not picking on @Scotty Tunbridge but clicked to open the thread at my last unread post and this was the post it landed on :lol: 

The whole Tierney scenario seems really odd to me, he’s clearly a very good player but Arteta probably just doesn’t fancy him. Tierney won’t be the first and won’t be the last to go through something like this. 

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Not picking on @Scotty Tunbridge but clicked to open the thread at my last unread post and this was the post it landed on :lol: 

The whole Tierney scenario seems really odd to me, he’s clearly a very good player but Arteta probably just doesn’t fancy him. Tierney won’t be the first and won’t be the last to go through something like this. 

Arteta weirdly seems to always have some kind of freeze going on with at least one player.

When he first came in he did it to Pepe & Aubameyang, whom you might argue just weren’t good enough but still, you’d expect him to manage it better than freezing them out, yanking their value and forcing them to leave for almost nothing.

Then it was Tierney last season, who seemed to be the perfect professional about it and all he did wrong was not be an inverted left back.

Now he seems to be targeting Gabriel & Smith Rowe. Although Smith Rowe was injured a lot of last season, he was back a good bit before the end but Arteta didn’t try to reintegrate him back in and he’s not done anything so far this season. Gabriel is a real puzzle, one of their best defenders and they obviously miss having him in the team.

I really think that Arteta is just a complete p***k tbh 

13 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Arteta weirdly seems to always have some kind of freeze going on with at least one player.

When he first came in he did it to Pepe & Aubameyang, whom you might argue just weren’t good enough but still, you’d expect him to manage it better than freezing them out, yanking their value and forcing them to leave for almost nothing.

Then it was Tierney last season, who seemed to be the perfect professional about it and all he did wrong was not be an inverted left back.

Now he seems to be targeting Gabriel & Smith Rowe. Although Smith Rowe was injured a lot of last season, he was back a good bit before the end but Arteta didn’t try to reintegrate him back in and he’s not done anything so far this season. Gabriel is a real puzzle, one of their best defenders and they obviously miss having him in the team.

I really think that Arteta is just a complete p***k tbh 

That’s quite interesting, I don’t really

pay much attention to anything outside the Scottish leagues if I’m honest. Surprised he’s freezing out Smith Rowe as I thought he was their next big thing (for the England team too) purely on what I’ve seen in the media/social media 

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That’s quite interesting, I don’t really

pay much attention to anything outside the Scottish leagues if I’m honest. Surprised he’s freezing out Smith Rowe as I thought he was their next big thing (for the England team too) purely on what I’ve seen in the media/social media 

He looks a real talent but if it pisses off Alan Davies and the Arsenal luvvies I’m all for selling him to Spurs.  

14 hours ago, Tangled web said:

Or maybe referring to Rangers as Glasgow? Or even 'The'

Greenock against Mirren is always a tasty affair 

Maybe you enjoy watching Midlothian, or perhaps South or even Park. 

His joke may have been weak but your argument is rubbish 

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about🤣🤣🤣

Using one of 2 words isn't the same as splitting 1 word in half. That was my argument.

If someone in Spain wants to call morton greenock, rangers the, and st mirren mirren. I would be ok with that, wouldn't give the smallest of shits.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

Is it not more of a failing of Arteta's not to be able to coach Tierney into being able to invert as a full back anyway?

I mean considering Ange managed it with Anthony Ralston I don't think it should be beyond Tierney's abilities

8 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Is it not more of a failing of Arteta's not to be able to coach Tierney into being able to invert as a full back anyway?

I mean considering Ange managed it with Anthony Ralston I don't think it should be beyond Tierney's abilities

Why in the f**k would we want him inverted 

He is brilliant at doing what he does, getting up that line

Just find a manager who's not a twat and will let you do what you're good at and help him win games 

On 25/08/2023 at 20:34, Bing.McCrosby said:

Not really Real Sociedad isn't one word. Its like referring to greenock morton as morton, which is exactly what people do.

Or Glasgow rangers as rangers and so on

Nope. Most people refer to them now as Morten. 

9 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

He might have played it better given more game time in the position. I think when Arteta tried using him as the inverted left back he wasn’t very good but then he only got a couple of games doing that. Not sure anyone is getting the hang of something new over 3 or 4 games.

Anyway, very glad he is away and I hope he does well at Real Sociedad, good for Scotland if he gets regular games.

Edited by Jambomo

Tom English getting it right up @Alan Twelve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66627893

"of the places he could have gone to he made it known his number one choice was Sociedad."

"Given that Sociedad are paying Arsenal a loan fee as well as..."

"Sociedad do not spend money with abandon"

"With stability and regular starts at Sociedad the next phase of Tierney's career is..."

Edited by Gordopolis