Dundee United 2018/2019

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Is it not American money that is/ was waiting in the wings to come into the club? I suppose Gibson could be the public face of that group.

Maybe your Americans and dundee's Americans will merge the two clubs and call it Dundee United? 

Seems like a plan. 

Is it not American money that is/ was waiting in the wings to come into the club? I suppose Gibson could be the public face of that group.

Gibson is local and not connected to the Americans (if there were any in the first place).

I realise I don't know any of the ins and outs, but if the chairman was looking for a full whack up front, was this guy maybe not looking to buy the club up front then allow the supporters group to pay for it in installments? I'm sure the ginger God that is Jim Spence will ha e more soon. 

The supporters group have always insisted that they are not looking for a takeover. It seems as though Gibson has acted alone and this has been clarified by the DUSF who released a statement about an hour ago to state that he did it himself. Not entirely sure what the plans are now...

3 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

So Tony Watt and now Ali Crawford both turned us down for other deals. Both would have strengthened our squad

I genuinely can't believe you thought there was any chance of Crawford joining United, tbh. 

Don’t know how much Thompson is wanting for his 51%, however the nett value of United must be close to zero.

As at June 2017 the value was under £800k having made a £1m loss for the year.  I reckon the sell on money for Robertson last season and the same for Armstrong this season is all that is keeping us afloat.

If Thomson is looking to recoup much of what he has put in then he has no chance.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t know how much Thompson is wanting for his 51%, however the nett value of United must be close to zero.

As at June 2017 the value was under £800k having made a £1m loss for the year.  I reckon the sell on money for Robertson last season and the same for Armstrong this season is all that is keeping us afloat.

If Thomson is looking to recoup much of what he has put in then he has no chance.

There's no benefit to Thompson sticking around any longer that I can see.

I reckon he is wanting a bit more money from Gibson and/or whoever else is interested before disappearing to the other side of the world and this story has been leaked to put one of the sides under pressure.

It's a bit tedious. Hopefully Gibson himself clarifies what is happening.

Gibson is local and not connected to the Americans (if there were any in the first place).
Tele suggests that the American deal is no longer on the table while Twitter rumours are that the American people were a smokescreen to hide Gibson's identity.

12 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Not good to see a club struggle to take it's future into it's own hands and take itself back from the abyss.

There is definitely something stinking at this club.

Not often I’ll defend united but they’re a far bigger club than your tinpot team. Wishing admin on another club is sickening. 

Whilst it is definitely in the best interests of the club for Thompson to sell up and move on I'm not convinced Gibson would have been the answer, a tangerine Peter Marr imo. Hopefully there are other interested parties out there but failure to get promoted last season may well have killed off potential investors interest. 

“I am seriously worried as to how united are going to fill the financial black hole, since there are no assets left to sell or mortgage, and apart from some deal being done with a Ryan Gauld sale and any sell on fee from that, there is little prospect of fresh funds coming in.

“Added to the extremely poor season ticket sales, (and I have bought six, for myself and my family) the club could find itself short of a seven figure sum this season.

“These are very worrying times for Dundee United fans.

“On reflection Stephen Thompson may have been playing me along, using my offer to wave in front of the other directors, but only time will tell.”

Image result for grave dancing gif

Anyone know what Declan Glass’s favoured position is? he hit an absolute screamer last night against Cowdenbeath in a 3-0 closed door friendly win

Somewhere in behind the striker but he can play on either side as well as through the middle...............is what his girlfriend would say.