Dundee United 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Any 24 year old who has had five full time contracts with four loan spells in between should set off at least a few alarm bells. He was drummer out of both Celtic and lierse due to attitude. I'd be surprised if it's improved. 

Aye, I'm sure that's fair.

T.watt is finished.
I am hearing we are close to signing a winger from Aberdeen but I can't remember his name. 

Scott Wright? Maybe? That would be the one I’d like the most.

I thought it could’ve been Seb Ross but he’s gone on loan to Stenny so it’s not him.

Tony Watt was training with our U18's yesterday. Probably about United's level. (I'm well aware this can come back to haunt me, but I wouldn't be happy if we signed him. He's got ability, but there's just far too many question marks)

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

OK.  Next time I’ll say harmless, tedious moron.

You try to give some friendly signing advice and this is the abuse you get. 

Charming. 

I see allardice is doing a murdoch and saying his future lies in central defence. If we don’t sign at least two more experienced central defenders at the expense of at least one of our current duds I’ll be extremely worried.
As for Watt, my enduring memory of him was on the floor of a toilet cubicle in a Glasgow nightclub telling people he was the greatest player in the world shortly after the Barca game, perfectly aware that he may have matured greatly in the last few years but the signs aren’t the most encouraging.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

You try to give some friendly signing advice and this is the abuse you get. 

Charming. 

TBF you've become a bit of a c**t since you moved to Australia.

On the plus side, you're not racist yet, so you've not gone full Aussie.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBF you've become a bit of a c**t since you moved to Australia.

On the plus side, you're not racist yet, so you've not gone full Aussie.

We won't know for sure until someone signs an Aborigine.

14 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Double deal including Robbie Winters I'm hearing.

Its Eoin Jess. Him, Stephen Glass and Charlie Miller will be the three behind Tony Watt.

We'll have Davie Hannah and Dave Bowman sitting behind them with a defence of Jim Patterson and Jamie McCunnie as wing backs and Jason De Vos and Paul Heagarty at centre half.

Might get Szamoltulski back as keeper too.

Seriously though ive never really thought Watt is that great. Would be ok at our level but is a complete fud and i cant be arsed with that. I'll be a complete hypocrite by saying hes amazing if he signs and bangs in 25 goals of course.

Plus hes wee isnt he? We need a big man up front. Or at least someone who can win some headers. ANoel Hunt type, if you will.

Edited by mishtergrolsch