Dundee United 2018/2019

I just noticed in the courier that United also looking to get another couple of friendlies arranged possibly.  A friendly against Raith Rovers at the St Andrews training ground and possibly one at Tannadice. 
A home friendly would be good as I might be wrong but I am sure the last Tannadice friendly was against Watford a few years ago now.

Given the short notice before our game against Arbroath I would think that any game at Tannadice might probably be behind closed doors.

20 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Given the short notice before our game against Arbroath I would think that any game at Tannadice might probably be behind closed doors.

Shame if it is as I would have considered going :(.  Unfortunately I am not sure if I will make the Arbroath game at the moment.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's an interesting headline in the Tele, not really backed up by the substance of the article.  Four new signings by the end of the week would be very encouraging. I'm going to guess: Adam Rooney, Bilel Mohsni (who, according to Wiki, remains a free agent), Ryan Gauld on loan and .. eh, let's say Nadir Ciftci. That'll dae.

I find the whole “getting behind the manager” talk quite amusing.

We have no option.  He’s here and we just have to hope for the best.

In all my years of supporting United I have never booed a player or manager and hopefully never will.  However I hope I’m not leaving a game 20 minutes early in disgust the way I have done on a couple of occasions in the last few seasons.

We were bailed out last season with the Robertson sell on fee and have the chance of similar this season with Armstrong.  After that we’re pretty screwed, if we don’t get up this season I’ll be less inclined to joke about administration.

I find the whole “getting behind the manager” talk quite amusing.
We have no option.  He’s here and we just have to hope for the best.
In all my years of supporting United I have never booed a player or manager and hopefully never will.  However I hope I’m not leaving a game 20 minutes early in disgust the way I have done on a couple of occasions in the last few seasons.
We were bailed out last season with the Robertson sell on fee and have the chance of similar this season with Armstrong.  After that we’re pretty screwed, if we don’t get up this season I’ll be less inclined to joke about administration.

Not like you to be so negative granny ! Cmon what's the worst that an happen. [emoji848]. [emoji33]. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Even taking the shit show that was Laszlo last season, I think you've built a really solid team that should cruise this league. The problem is signing so many Championship jobbers on extended deals that you may go straight back down (Totally different style of player required IMO). 

I unfortunately see United doing the business this season. Laszlo was only really pish with a squad that wasn't his. He tends to have a fairly decent track record throughout his career despite not staying anywhere too long. Admittedly he was laughably bad last season but there's a lot for you guys to be positive about going into this season. 

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Even taking the shit show that was Laszlo last season, I think you've built a really solid team that should cruise this league. The problem is signing so many Championship jobbers on extended deals that you may go straight back down (Totally different style of player required IMO). 

I unfortunately see United doing the business this season. Laszlo was only really pish with a squad that wasn't his. He tends to have a fairly decent track record throughout his career despite not staying anywhere too long. Admittedly he was laughably bad last season but there's a lot for you guys to be positive about going into this season. 

I think with the frankly huge turnover in players in the Championship this year, at least amongst Utd, Falkirk and Dunfermline, not too sure about the Diddy teams. Joking. 

But seriously, we could be past Christmas before we have any solid idea of what the league is going to end like. Could be a top four of any seven or eight teams at this point. 

Falkirk need to finish first though, feck the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have a very positive feel going into this season but I also feel that a strong start is necessary.  I would consider that Ross  County will be the biggest threat for the title and certainly Partick Thistle, Dunfermline and possibly Falkirk should be serious playoff contenders again.

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I have a very positive feel going into this season but I also feel that a strong start is necessary.  I would consider that Ross  County will be the biggest threat for the title and certainly Partick Thistle, Dunfermline and possibly Falkirk should be serious playoff contenders again.

I have a gut feeling that County will tank, based on nothing but a gut feeling and a deep hatred of anything remotely linked to Inverness. They might start well, having better players, but will fade badly once they've all had the shit kicked out of them. 

The playoffs are actual murder and need to be avoided. 

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I have a gut feeling that County will tank, based on nothing but a gut feeling and a deep hatred of anything remotely linked to Inverness. They might start well, having better players, but will fade badly once they've all had the shit kicked out of them. 

The playoffs are actual murder and need to be avoided. 

You will not get any argument from me about those play offs.  

It will certainly be an interesting season with more than a few teams fancying their chances of fighting for the title and play off spots.

I reckon Alloa will be in for a season like Brechin had last year with maybe an odd win here and there, with Ayr Utd finishing in the relegation play off spot.

Just now, CaspianChris said:

You will not get any argument from me about those play offs.  

It will certainly be an interesting season with more than a few teams fancying their chances of fighting for the title and play off spots.

I reckon Alloa will be in for a season like Brechin had last year with maybe an odd win here and there, with Ayr Utd finishing in the relegation play off spot.

I hope Ayr get ridden all season as a proxy for Kilmarnock. Not bitter though. I hope Alloa stay up. Free points are always appreciated. 

I think this Championship season is totally up for grabs and to be honest it is practically impossible to predict what might happen for about 8 of the sides in the league. I think that Ayr and Alloa will find it difficult regardless but for the rest it is a lottery. My gut instinct tells me that Queen of the South will struggle and Dunfermline might have a difficult season but that still leaves six teams and most of those have signed so many players that you can't say who is going to do well and who is going to falter. I've said this on numerous occasions (and will say it again) but the difference maker will be a manager and backroom staff who can get the most out of a set of middle of the road players (because we all have them). For me a likely candidate to be able to do that might be Paul Hartley and possibly Alan Archibald (but more because he has been at the club for a long time). I've also got a funny feeling that Ray McKinnon might actually do quite well at Morton. The County and Caley management teams don't entirely convince me but the same can be said for Laszlo. I'm quite pleased with some of the re-structuring we have done over the summer and the appointments of Easton, Robertson and Alexander are all positive but I still have serious concerns about the man in charge.

We're as likely to win the league as we are to completely f**k it all up. 

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd like to wish Ayr the best of luck for the season ahead, but they have that c**t Ian McCall as a manager, so they can GTF tbh 

Ian McCalls shoes are full of shit.

This is a fact.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd like to wish Ayr the best of luck for the season ahead, but they have that c**t Ian McCall as a manager, so they can GTF tbh 

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Ian McCalls shoes are full of shit.

This is a fact.

Ian McCall's mere presence causes seagulls to die...

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/video-watch-the-bizarre-moment-a-gull-drops-dead-during-interview-with-ex-dundee-united-boss/