Dundee United 2018/2019

I'm surprised, and disappointed, there hasn't been a whiny Scott McDonald interview regarding his exit from the club. After his departure was announced as a footnote to the goalie coach leaving, I thought the wee twat would have been straight to Sportsound or in The Sun with an exposé.

Unless I've missed it.

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

Scott Fraser signs for burton. Good move or not?

It could be a good move for him, if he performs well and becomes a regular on the starting line up then maybe a bigger club will take notice and consider a move for him.  If it goes wrong then he will probably end up coming back up to Scotland on loan at a St Johnstone or Dundee, Hamilton etc.

I hope it works out for him and he moves on to a bigger club.  

27 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

It could be a good move for him, if he performs well and becomes a regular on the starting line up then maybe a bigger club will take notice and consider a move for him.  If it goes wrong then he will probably end up coming back up to Scotland on loan at a St Johnstone or Dundee, Hamilton etc.

I hope it works out for him and he moves on to a bigger club.  

I may be being a bit harsh here but really....... I don’t give much of a f**k whether he does well at Burton (or anywhere else) or not tbh.

Unlike the likes of Gauldy and Robertson, who gave us some great moments and memories in their very short time with us,  and whom I wish every success (lapped up Robbo’s CL final appearance), I relate Fraser’s time with us to abject failure in every way, and the most sustained period of misery in all my years as an Arab. I also see him as a talented player who’s bollocks somehow disappeared whenever we were in a scrap, and who never got even remotely close to living up to his potential in his time with us.

I don’t wish the boy any harm, but at the same time, would feel a bit pissed off if he suddenly he turned it on for someone else.

Just saying.

Edited by MacArab

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I think this Championship season is totally up for grabs and to be honest it is practically impossible to predict what might happen for about 8 of the sides in the league. I think that Ayr and Alloa will find it difficult regardless but for the rest it is a lottery. My gut instinct tells me that Queen of the South will struggle and Dunfermline might have a difficult season but that still leaves six teams and most of those have signed so many players that you can't say who is going to do well and who is going to falter. I've said this on numerous occasions (and will say it again) but the difference maker will be a manager and backroom staff who can get the most out of a set of middle of the road players (because we all have them). For me a likely candidate to be able to do that might be Paul Hartley and possibly Alan Archibald (but more because he has been at the club for a long time). I've also got a funny feeling that Ray McKinnon might actually do quite well at Morton. The County and Caley management teams don't entirely convince me but the same can be said for Laszlo. I'm quite pleased with some of the re-structuring we have done over the summer and the appointments of Easton, Robertson and Alexander are all positive but I still have serious concerns about the man in charge.

We're as likely to win the league as we are to completely f**k it all up. 

Inverness will win the league and it will be you boys, County and Partick to sort out playoff finalists. Whoever that is they will play livingston. I called St mirren winning the league and the championship side winning the playoffs last season so going for it again 

Re laszlo - he has nowhere to hide. No one left to throw under the bus , other then himself. There seems to be a plan with regards to recruitment is that gives hope that there’s a game plan too, and that laszlo is able to get the squad to gel and start working as a team. Maybe he’ll be better with the burger man beside him giving him the support he needs? Time will tell, but he won’t have a lot of that before he’s shown the door in October if the team isn’t delivering the business on the park.

The clock is set at four minutes to midnight for laszlo on day one of the season.

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

I may be being a bit harsh here but really....... I don’t give much of a f**k whether he does well at Burton (or anywhere else) or not tbh.

Unlike the likes of Gauldy and Robertson, who gave us some great moments and memories in their very short time with us,  and whom I wish every success (lapped up Robbo’s CL final appearance), I relate Fraser’s time with us to abject failure in every way, and the most sustained period of misery in all my years as an Arab. I also see him as a talented player who’s bollocks somehow disappeared whenever we were in a scrap, and who never got even remotely close to living up to his potential in his time with us.

I don’t wish the boy any harm, but at the same time, would feel a bit pissed off if he suddenly he turned it on for someone else.

Just saying.

Spot on.

Good pass every now and again, one or two good free kicks, finally gets fully fit then injured for eleventy-six weeks. Rinse and repeat.

Re Laszlo, i feel he should be given about 2 to 3 months absolute maximum. If we arent either miles ahead or at worst, within a few points off top, buh-bye. Hes had an absolute truck load of excuses hes rolled out, ripped previous managers and made an arse of the position we were in when he arrived. 

But he said none of it was his fault. So we should fucking hammer this league in that case.

His tenure so far has been an utter shit show and i dont think he should be given any slack whatsoever by the fans.

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Spot on.

Good pass every now and again, one or two good free kicks, finally gets fully fit then injured for eleventy-six weeks. Rinse and repeat.

Re Laszlo, i feel he should be given about 2 to 3 months absolute maximum. If we arent either miles ahead or at worst, within a few points off top, buh-bye. Hes had an absolute truck load of excuses hes rolled out, ripped previous managers and made an arse of the position we were in when he arrived. 

But he said none of it was his fault. So we should fucking hammer this league in that case.

His tenure so far has been an utter shit show and i dont think he should be given any slack whatsoever by the fans.

This is the third season out of 4 where we are starting with a manager who should have been sacked the previous season and hoping he can come good by October.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

This is the third season out of 4 where we are starting with a manager who should have been sacked the previous season and hoping he can come good by October.

This is absolutely spot on.  We seem to be unable to learn from past mistakes.

That said I think our only chance is Laszlo coming good, however unlikely that may be.

The alternative is trying to attract a decent manager a third of the way into the season, playing catch up with someone else’s squad.

That’s not worked out too well for us either.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That said I think our only chance is Laszlo coming good, however unlikely that may be.

The alternative is trying to attract a decent manager a third of the way into the season, playing catch up with someone else’s squad.

We are where we are it's just really annoying that that's where we are. I'll continue to gripe until the season starts.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We need to sign Messi and see if he'll usurp Csaba.

52 minutes ago, The DA said:

We need to sign Messi and see if he'll usurp Csaba.

I've been thinking that too. 

Only problem is.... would Messi sign for a club who have so utterly dominated , (some might even say humiliated) his beloved Barcelona in Europe throughout history????

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

I've been thinking that too. 

Only problem is.... would Messi sign for a club who have so utterly dominated , (some might even say humiliated) his beloved Barcelona in Europe throughout history????

It's really the only way he can move to a better club.