Dundee United 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, banana said:

Destroyed a crack Brechin outfit 2-0.

Did you go to the game.  I assume it was a decent performance, unfortunately I could not make it there tonight.  Looking at Uniteds updates it looks Brechin had a couple decent chances as well.

Posted this on tek:

Summary of players:

Both goalies look ok, benji very very vocal likes to come for crosses completely missed one in first half but I’ll blame that on sun

Wardrop: think he could be a good signing, likes to go forward, very much in the mould of ralston
Frans will be excellent and probably captain also
Booth FINALLY a attacking full back

Austrian boy jesus wept wish we kept flood
Aird very good goal, excellent delivery will be a really good signing

Clark really good link up play, wins a fair ammount for a wee boy, will score goals 100%
Curran bit like Murray runs and seems hard as nails, fights for everything

Few others notes, deco glass and Logan Chalmers will play more both excellent when came on esp Chalmers hit the post with a absolute screamer, also keatings will be in the first choice striker positions! Also don’t leave anyone up at corners still, mind boggling tbh, allardice was also excellent ball playing centre half frans helped him through game

A bog standard pre-season friendly, really boring in spells and very slow in others. Brechin looked ahead of us in terms of match sharpness so it was a decent workout in that sense.

Player thoughts - 

Benjamin Siegrist – Very vocal, very tall and seems to love coming for anything in the box (not always successfully)

Matej Rakovan – Can’t really judge, had very little to do.

William Edjenguele – Played the last ten minutes or so, looked ropey as always.

Jamie Robson – Played in the second 45 and actually looked pretty decent. Tried to get forward and be creative on the ball.

Callum Booth – Very attack minded fullback who enjoyed getting up and down in the first-half.

Sam Wardrop – Looks a pretty handy player, solid on the ball and again someone who tried to overlap.

Frederic Frans – Really liked the way he talked everyone through the game, very vocal (also very tall).

Scott Allardice – Played as a defender, still not convinced it is his position but he did okay.

Paul McMullan – Second-half sub but didn’t really do much on the ball.

Sam Stanton – Usual great runs from deep and tried his best to play box-to-box.

Matty Smith – Very quiet, a couple of okay runs with the ball but his passing was poor.

Fraser Aird – Typical winger, looks very quick and sharp in spells but also drifted out the game.

Christoph Rabitsch – Loves a foul. Seems to want to work really hard but was caught out a few times.

Craig Curran – Works really hard and also loves a foul. Some decent hold up play.

Nicky Clark – Thought he was really quiet. Didn’t get much time on the ball.

James Keatings – Unlucky to not score a couple of goals when he came on. Encouraging signs.

Logan Chalmers – Some lovely touches on the ball and unlucky not to score a wonder striker right at the end.

Declan Glass – Given the last 20 minutes and like Chalmers he showed some really nice touches.

Gavin Ritchie – Not really involved much so can’t really judge.

Also the year of the last Dundee to Wormit ferry sailing......
Incorrect as ferry was to Newport and not Wormit.
On an irrelevant point it never ceases to amaze me how many of our near neighbours in dundeeshire do not know what villages are at the other end of each bridge.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Incorrect as ferry was to Newport and not Wormit.
On an irrelevant point it never ceases to amaze me how many of our near neighbours in dundeeshire do not know what villages are at the other end of each bridge.

We know, we just don’t care.

(I lived in Tayport for 10 months!)