Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, wardy83 said:

Partick sign Craig Slater on 1 year deal

There was a football player there. 

Just a really really limited one that was played at random and not given a run to see if he was any better than limited. And not only played at random but also in random positions.

May turn out to be a good player. I wont be too surprised if he does after getting a run at this level.

I am permanently aware that our manager is a complete and utter fucking arse.

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I am permanently aware that our manager is a complete and utter fucking arse.

Has there ever been a more unpopular manager at the start of a season?

Did you say in an earlier post that some fans are optimistic for the new season with this buffoon in charge? Where are they and what are they taking?

Blind hope over expectation is the best I can do. 

24 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Did you say in an earlier post that some fans are optimistic for the new season with this buffoon in charge? Where are they and what are they taking?

The quality of our squad is as much concern right now. Championship players = Championship team.

2 hours ago, wardy83 said:

Partick sign Craig Slater on 1 year deal

Slater and Keatings were the 2 biggest disappointments signing wise last season for me, both looked great signings on paper but contributed hee haw.  Both have had recent injury problems and may come good yet. 

8 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Ive had conversations at work and a few seem to be giving him a chance. A few posters accross a few other forums are the same. So im assuming theres a minority of fans giving him some slack.

Absolute nutters.

7 hours ago, banana said:

The quality of our squad is as much concern right now. Championship players = Championship team.

This is exactly what the problem is. Half our team is Championship level. The other half is completely unproven.  One or two decent signings but that cant carry a squad for a year.

Going by the players that have come to the club and utilised by this manager i cant get excited at all. We're going to struggle to win the league and will be aiming for playoff disaster again.

And thats not even getting into his fucking tactics and formations.

I'll bet he tries playing 3-5-2 because half the teams at the world cup have. Tube.

If I'm honest, I'm willing to give him a chance on the basis that he can't possibly be as incompetent as he appeared to be last season.

I do, however, reserve the right to start hurling abuse at him after 5 mins of the first game if we're not 3-0 up.

55 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If I'm honest, I'm willing to give him a chance on the basis that he can't possibly be as incompetent as he appeared to be last season.

I do, however, reserve the right to start hurling abuse at him after 5 mins of the first game if we're not 3-0 up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I see your point, but I genuinely can't see how ANYONE can be as incompetent as he appeared to be last season.

Sadly I think he can be.

I like to be right; with regards to Laszlo I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

I’d be very happy to be eating humble pie by the middle of the season when we are sitting top of the league and looking to be genuine contenders.

Against my better judgment I'm wiping the slate clean, last season was a total cluster f**k, I think we can all agree , so I'm totally behind the manager. New team. New season. League tied up by November, Christmas at the latest. Until he proves me wrong blind faith and foolish optimism is my mantra [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️. F.T.D.'83.

I see it being reported that United are looking for 4 more new faces by  the time the Betfred Cup kicks off.

It will be interesting to see who they are as I can not think of any names that are getting linked at the moment, I wonder if the trialist Gilmar is 

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on the basis that there may have been mitigating factors behind the scenes which made the job more difficult than it should have been. That's not to say that he shouldn't have made a better fist of it regardless or to excuse some of the decisions which must fall squarely on his shoulders but he may not be entirely culpable for everything that went wrong.

If Laszlo and Martin are to be believed however those issues have now been addressed. Any bad apples should be gone, he's got his own coaching team, a new scouting team, policies have been brought in to encourage a greater degree of team spirit, he has had the final say on all signings. If things go badly then there'll be nowhere for him to hide.

In any event, there's really no benefit to continuing to berate the man for past mistakes. If he fucks up again then he'll be gone soon enough. If he does well then last season's nonsense will all be forgiven.

4 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I see it being reported that United are looking for 4 more new faces by  the time the Betfred Cup kicks off.

It will be interesting to see who they are as I can not think of any names that are getting linked at the moment, I wonder if the trialist Gilmar is 

It's an interesting headline in the Tele, not really backed up by the substance of the article.  Four new signings by the end of the week would be very encouraging. I'm going to guess: Adam Rooney, Bilel Mohsni (who, according to Wiki, remains a free agent), Ryan Gauld on loan and .. eh, let's say Nadir Ciftci. That'll dae.

Edited by Pull My Strings

3 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Against my better judgment I'm wiping the slate clean, last season was a total cluster f**k, I think we can all agree , so I'm totally behind the manager.

This I agree with.  I am willing to allow him to prove himself now he has been able to bring in the players he wants this summer, of course if it goes horrible wrong then I hope the board would take the required action to change things.

My initially reaction after the Livingston playoff games was one of extreme anger at how things had turned out and I would wanted him gone then and on the spot at the Tony Macaroni Stadium.

Having seen the changes since over the summer I am once again feeling highly positive for the season ahead, failure will not be tolerated though.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's an interesting headline in the Tele, not really backed up by the substance of the article.  Four new signings by the end of the week would be very encouraging. I'm going to guess: Adam Rooney, Bilel Mohsni (who, according to Wiki, remains a free agent), Ryan Gauld on loan and .. eh, let's say Nadir Ciftci. That'll dae.

I just noticed in the courier that United also looking to get another couple of friendlies arranged possibly.  A friendly against Raith Rovers at the St Andrews training ground and possibly one at Tannadice. 

A home friendly would be good as I might be wrong but I am sure the last Tannadice friendly was against Watford a few years ago now.