Dundee United 2018/2019

On 09/08/2018 at 19:17, Granny Danger said:

If there’s a genuine demand from another club we may be holding out for a transfer fee.

ETA won’t be surprised if he goes late on for a nominal fee or if that doesn’t happen he becomes a free agent after the window.

On 09/08/2018 at 20:51, Pull My Strings said:

If there's genuine demand from another club the only thing holding him back is a pay-off. There's no chance we're getting any sort of fee.

Mmmm....

Thank you so much Partick Thistle xxx

Farewell words too often part,
And cleave, with sorrow, aching hearts
With final wave all disappears
Beneath the hush of silent tears

Why can't sorrow be so kind,
As to hide away and stay confined?
And leave us only thoughts of bliss,
Of joyful things to reminisce

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

The squad is maybe one short but to be honest there is enough here to make a go of things. I like Glass and he has potential but I still think we would have benefitted from another, more experienced attacking midfielder to add depth. If we end up signing one of the two trialists we had this week it looks like they are both central midfielders so that might be what we end up with. Loosely you are looking at a 1st team squad (from Csaba's point of view) - 

GKs - Rakovan, Siegrist (assuming Mehmet is away in January)

Defenders - Murdoch, Edge, Frans, Robson, Booth, Watson, Wardrop, Bouhenna

Defensive Midfielders - Fyvie, Rabitsch, Barton, Stanton (although Laszlo still likes using him further forward)

Attacking Midfielders - Loemba, King, Aird, Glass, McMullan

Strikers - Curran, Clark, Safranko, Smith

Players like Smith, Stanton, Loemba etc can obviously play in a few positions and I am wondering if McMullan not being shipped out means Laszlo is willing to give him a second chance. You would think that if we really wanted to move him on we would have. From what I have been told Edge is still here partly because he buys into Laszlo's philosophy in terms of training etc and is a good pro to have in the squad (but clearly he is down the pecking order in terms of first team action).

I like the 3-5-2 and I know Laszlo has talked about the team being able to play 2-3 systems so you would expect to see 3-5-2, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 over the course of the season (or as long as Laszlo is here). I think there are just about enough options to have a strong side regardless of formation (injuries and suspensions aside). 

There may be a few free agents come available now the window is closed but I don’t see too many glaring omissions in terms of cover.

We may need flexibility to bring in players at the later window depending upon what transpires.

I am reasonably happy with the squad and pleasantly surprised at the number, and apparent quality, given the likely financial constraints.

Once the injured players are fit we should have a decent starting XI and bench.

8 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Thank you so much Partick Thistle xxx

Farewell words too often part,
And cleave, with sorrow, aching hearts
With final wave all disappears
Beneath the hush of silent tears

Why can't sorrow be so kind,
As to hide away and stay confined?
And leave us only thoughts of bliss,
Of joyful things to reminisce

That's fucking beautiful.

I wondered if you had written it specially. 

Then I checked Google....

Turns out some fucker called Gregory K has taken the credit already for all your hard work. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There may be a few free agents come available now the window is closed but I don’t see too many glaring omissions in terms of cover.

We may need flexibility to bring in players at the later window depending upon what transpires.

I am reasonably happy with the squad and pleasantly surprised at the number, and apparent quality, given the likely financial constraints.

Once the injured players are fit we should have a decent starting XI and bench.

I'm also now fairly content if we hold back a little bit of whatever budget is left so that we can, if needed, add one or two in January instead of using every last penny on just the summer transfer window.

3 hours ago, MacArab said:

That's fucking beautiful.

I wondered if you had written it specially. 

Then I checked Google....

Turns out some fucker called Gregory K has taken the credit already for all your hard work. 

:lol:

I sometimes dream of days of old 

When all they had were stories told

Before Google and texts and calls

We did not post our rise and falls

I do wonder if Scobbie knew

Of Kipling, Yeats and John Keats too

Before he took the time to search 

And took his place upon his perch

Alloa bound. 8)