Dundee United 2018/2019

Suspected at the start of the season the clown would get 10-12 games and sadly that looks the least he will get. Can't help but think we are just delaying the inevitable as we have become such a slow ponderous negative side. We should be looking to attack teams and try to take control of games and I desperately hope that whoever eventually replaces Laszlo will be more attack minded when sending the team out. 

2 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Suspected at the start of the season the clown would get 10-12 games and sadly that looks the least he will get. Can't help but think we are just delaying the inevitable as we have become such a slow ponderous negative side. We should be looking to attack teams and try to take control of games and I desperately hope that whoever eventually replaces Laszlo will be more attack minded when sending the team out. 

I've come to the conclusion that he will be given at least the next season and a half to get us up. That a line in the sand has been drawn against manager-hopping.

An approach I support tbh, but just not with Cshambles at the helm.

At the last meeting I went to David Southern said the board have a target of 18 points per quarter based on previous title winning totals. I’d imagine Laszlo’s position is linked to meeting those 9 game targets.

27 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

At the last meeting I went to David Southern said the board have a target of 18 points per quarter based on previous title winning totals. I’d imagine Laszlo’s position is linked to meeting those 9 game targets.

Well we are currently off that pace so fingers crossed.

Also 72 points wouldn't have been enough 2 of the last 4 seasons.

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's fine though some folk on here assured us last week it's OK to play like shite because we ground out a win.

Who knew playing like shite every week doesn't necessarily produce wins.

We're probably over reacting re Laszlo. Im sure we'll go from literally the worst United team in our history to winning the league by the end of the season. 

Remember -

Last seasons team was useless. Its not like Csaba took a team that was top  of the league to scraping 4th by the end. I mean, a manager would be sacked for something like that. 

Said manager certainly would not be given the transfer window to bring a load of players in on two year deals and make the said influx of players look hopeless, clueless and devoid of a playing style.

We just need to wait till March. Give Laszlo time to work with the new players. Theyve only been working together for hours and hours, every day for weeks.

We need to be reasonable. Its not as if he's an experienced professional paid thousands of pounds a week for this job.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

We're probably over reacting re Laszlo. Im sure we'll go from literally the worst United team in our history to winning the league by the end of the season. 

Remember -

Last seasons team was useless. Its not like Csaba took a team that was top  of the league to scraping 4th by the end. I mean, a manager would be sacked for something like that. 

Said manager certainly would not be given the transfer window to bring a load of players in on two year deals and make the said influx of players look hopeless, clueless and devoid of a playing style.

We just need to wait till March. Give Laszlo time to work with the new players. Theyve only been working together for hours and hours, every day for about ten or twelve weeks.

We need to be reasonable. Its not as if he's an experienced professional paid thousands of pounds a week for this job.

Detecting some sarcasm in this post. 

I like it.

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Remember -

We just need to wait till March. Give Laszlo time to work with the new players. Theyve only been working together for hours and hours, every day for weeks.

Boo Boy ^^^

It's fine though some folk on here assured us last week it's OK to play like shite because we ground out a win.

Who knew playing like shite every week doesn't necessarily produce wins.

Name them!

Well we are currently off that pace so fingers crossed.

Also 72 points wouldn't have been enough 2 of the last 4 seasons.

I had a quick look and based on the points total for the team that has finished in 2nd then 72 has been a title winning points in most seasons I think.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm hear to build bridges not burn them and if those concerned, who know themselves what they have done, come and offer a full apology for expressing wrong views we can all move on #increasethepeace

Very diplomatic.

ETA anyone seen the Funsters, they seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Edited by Granny Danger

Cant's get my head around Laszlo still being the manager. He spent much of yesterday's match facing away from the play, looking like he was berating people on our bench, or looking for pity from them. The part where he was looking at the pitch, most of that seemed to involve him waving both arms or jumping on the spot. At one point he was doing  anguished crouching jumps, exposing his socks and lack of managerial ability in equal measure.

He's the worst remnant of the Stephen Thompson era, which makes me wonder if Thompson still has an input to decision making at Tannadice. One way or another, Martin is making an arse of things.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fans meeting at Dens tonight to decide how to spend the Caulker millions

You mean to tell me that Dundee fans are more interested in whats happening at Dens than Tannadice? 

Thats harder to understand than a Csaba Laszlo post match interview!

20 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

You mean to tell me that Dundee fans are more interested in whats happening at Dens than Tannadice? 

Thats harder to understand than a Csaba Laszlo post match interview!

They're otherwise engaged.

Sometimes when times are tough you need some alone time and to get the creative juices flowing...

giphy.gif.a27b930e40b6820f77bd7b6c28f82bc3.gif