Dundee United 2018/2019

County got a big 3 points yesterday.  Though it was pretty much expected it continues to make things tight at the top.

I’m always reluctant to make predictions but over the next couple of months I think County, Ayr and ourselves will pull away from the pack but still be pretty close to each other.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

How have your reserves been this season? My team Kelty are playing them tonight. Can we expect a couple of senior players in the line up? 

There will likely be a few of the fringe players who are not expected to feature in any way on Friday, but would expect in the main to be young lads. 

That being said, a few of these players will likely have been regular starters under Csaba.

Hope you enjoy the game.

27 minutes ago, MacArab said:

There will likely be a few of the fringe players who are not expected to feature in any way on Friday, but would expect in the main to be young lads. 

That being said, a few of these players will likely have been regular starters under Csaba.

Hope you enjoy the game.

Looking forward to something a bit different. Would imagine we will play a few of the 20s but mostly 1st team. Cheers for the info.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

How have your reserves been this season? My team Kelty are playing them tonight. Can we expect a couple of senior players in the line up? 

Loemba will start and get subbed after 60 minutes.

Adam Barton will start and retire after 60 minutes.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:39, stumigoo said:

Someone at the club told me that the Alloa players are also only contracted to play at certain times (apart from on a Saturday) and that Tuesday night was the only night they could use (hence the clash with the Scotland game). 

:lol:

Did they see you coming?

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

:lol:

Did they see you coming?

Not entirely sure what you are inferring but Tuesday was the only night the game could have been played. Alloa also had a Scottish Cup tie on the Saturday and although Thursday was an option it was too close to that game so it had to be the Tuesday.

51 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Not entirely sure what you are inferring but Tuesday was the only night the game could have been played. Alloa also had a Scottish Cup tie on the Saturday and although Thursday was an option it was too close to that game so it had to be the Tuesday.

Alloa players are NOT contracted only to play on certain nights. What a ridiculous notion. Anyone who told you that is either pulling your leg or hugely gullible themselves.:lol:

I'm sure Tuesday fitted their training schedule better and also gave them best preparation ahead of the Saturday cup tie but its got nothing to do with them only being contracted to play Tuesdays. 

Alloa players are NOT contracted only to play on certain nights. What a ridiculous notion. Anyone who told you that is either pulling your leg or hugely gullible themselves.:lol:
I'm sure Tuesday fitted their training schedule better and also gave them best preparation ahead of the Saturday cup tie but its got nothing to do with them only being contracted to play Tuesdays. 

There are also “traditional” Tuesday teams, and teams who usually play their midweek games on a Wednesday. I guess that’s for policing reasons, but County almost always play home midweek games on Tuesdays, while Inverness play Wednesdays.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of part-time football contracts. 

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You forgetting our team are part time and that they may well be contracted to work Wednesdays in their other job?

Ridiculous notion having more than just a contractual obligation to a football club though.

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

You forgetting our team are part time and that they may well be contracted to work Wednesdays in their other job?

Ridiculous notion having more than just a contractual obligation to a football club though.

What? No, I am not forgetting you are part time and at no point did I say it wasnt more convenient for you to play Tuesday. I expect thats exactly why it was played at the same time as Scotland were playing.

But there's no chance whatsoever that your players are contractually unable to play wednesdays. Good luck in the Scottish Cup where 2nd attempt replay dates are compulsory Monday / Wednesdays if that was the case. 

Edited to add : Both your playoff games last season were played on a wednesday, as was a cup tie at Dundee Utd. Seemed to manage to play them ok.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 nil to your reserves vs Kelty tonight. Looked to be the GK & defensive mid that would have been first team. Impressed by Loius Appere up top for you. He was a handful all night. We played mostly fringe 1st team players & under 20s. Good to see how we matched up against the full time boys! 

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

4 nil to your reserves vs Kelty tonight. Looked to be the GK & defensive mid that would have been first team. Impressed by Loius Appere up top for you. He was a handful all night. We played mostly fringe 1st team players & under 20s. Good to see how we matched up against the full time boys! 

Any team sheets kicking about on social media?