Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What? No, I am not forgetting you are part time and at no point did I say it wasnt more convenient for you to play Tuesday. I expect thats exactly why it was played at the same time as Scotland were playing.

But there's no chance whatsoever that your players are contractually unable to play wednesdays. Good luck in the Scottish Cup where 2nd attempt replay dates are compulsory Monday / Wednesdays if that was the case. 

Edited to add : Both your playoff games last season were played on a wednesday, as was a cup tie at Dundee Utd. Seemed to manage to play them ok.

Okay but take this point: if I get someone to cover my shift then I can go to away games. If I don't then I'm contractually obligated to work on Saturday's.

Could we have organised? Probably, but if it's not within the realms of impossibility you couldn't get someone to cover your obligations. 

19 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Okay but take this point: if I get someone to cover my shift then I can go to away games. If I don't then I'm contractually obligated to work on Saturday's.

Could we have organised? Probably, but if it's not within the realms of impossibility you couldn't get someone to cover your obligations. 

You are missing the point. I've already said I dont doubt Tuesday is a normal training night for Alloa and it was therefore much more convenient to play a Tuesday as nobody needed to reorganise anything. And its completely possible playing on Wednesday might have meant some Alloa players were unavailable. Credit to United for agreeing to play Tuesday (I'm sure they didnt have to agree to play in opposition to Scotland).

I pulled up the United fan for swallowing the line that Alloa's players are somehow contractually unable to play Wednesdays. A statement which is demonstrably complete nonsense. No more, no less.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You are missing the point. I've already said I dont doubt Tuesday is a normal training night for Alloa and it was therefore much more convenient to play a Tuesday as nobody needed to reorganise anything. And its completely possible playing on Wednesday might have meant some Alloa players were unavailable. Credit to United for agreeing to play Tuesday (I'm sure they didnt have to agree to play in opposition to Scotland).

I pulled up the United fan for swallowing the line that Alloa's players are somehow contractually unable to play Wednesdays. A statement which is demonstrably complete nonsense. No more, no less.

If there are Alloa players who are contractually obliged in their day jobs to work on a Wednesday then it's perfectly fair to say that Alloa players are only contracted to play at certain times. Perhaps it could have been qualified that the restriction only applies to some players, if that's the case, or the precise problem could have been clarified  but the gist was fair enough - as a part time team it was a problem to play on a Wednesday. The fact that the team have played on a Wednesday previously doesn't contradict that suggestion. Perhaps certain affected players were able to get time off previously, or different players were employed, or they simply did without those players. Really no need for your disdain.

25 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Full time or part time..........................lower tier or champions league. One thing has become clear..............this is the worse , most boring P&B thread ever ZZZzzz

Often happens when a fan of a wee team gets obsessed with a big team like DUFC.

4 nil to your reserves vs Kelty tonight. Looked to be the GK & defensive mid that would have been first team. Impressed by Loius Appere up top for you. He was a handful all night. We played mostly fringe 1st team players & under 20s. Good to see how we matched up against the full time boys! 

Did you happen to notice who the UTD coaching staff were ?

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Perpetuating the myth that Alloa are some sort of diddy amateurs who aren't allowed out on Wednesdays and would bring the whole League structure down if they weren't allowed to play their midweek games on Tuesdays.

Defending the honor of that poor Dundee United fan set upon by the tyrannical @Skyline Drifter

Fixed that for you. ;)

Didn't you beat Rangers in that Challenge Cup semi final on a Wednesday too?

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Is LeodhasXD 'contractually obliged' to be on the Dundee United thread for some reason of which I'm not aware?

I had noticed him/her/them until the recent highlights discussion.  He/she/they seem righteous enough aside from a compelling need to attack the poor officials who do such a difficult job.  

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And a big well done to you. 

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Dundee United are close to being taken over by American owners and the deal could be finalised in the coming week. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Not welcome news for me. 

I’d like to know the details before reaching a judgement, however I do not see why anyone who isn’t a fan would want to put money into a Scottish football club.