Dundee United 2018/2019

Yeah, we have yet to see how this is going to pan out long term. There have been many fans looking to get rid of Mike Martin as he is guilty by association with TBS however the grass isnt always greener. Interesting times ahead

Well well well dabs, there have been a few of you on here and in Dee threads in recent weeks wondering where we have been and if truth be told you haven't given us much material to work with recently so it was really great to see normal service being resumed tonight so that you no longer have to worry about our whereabouts. 

I'm surprised to see the arrogance that was beginning to creep into some of your posts come back to bite you on the arse, I really am. 

Have a lovely weekend. 

IMG-20181201-WA0011.jpg

If and when this American investment/takeover actually happens it will be just as we approach the January window. A huge opportunity for the board to back Neilson and get what we need. Last night exposed our weaknesses and although I have faith that Neilson can get this squad to play at a level good enough to get through 70-80% of games purely on workrate and energy we still lack two or there quality players that would allow us to navigate games like last night with more confidence.

Last night totally scunnered most of us because of the manner of the performance. Losing to Ayr isn't the most surprising thing in the world given their confidence but it was nothing like we have seen under Neilson. Hopefully he can use it as a positive to make sure the players fully understand that a result like that cannot happen again.

The only reason I can think of for how bad we were last night was arrogance. nothing else makes sense to me.

Before some Ayr fans come in and say that they're better than us, whether or not that's true, you're definitely not "5-0 at home" better.

22 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

The only reason I can think of for how bad we were last night was arrogance. nothing else makes sense to me.

Before some Ayr fans come in and say that they're better than us, whether or not that's true, you're definitely not "5-0 at home" better.

I don’t think that, I think it was one of those nights when most players had an off game.  If one or two have an off game you can live with it but not eight.

Booth, Safranko and Stanton were the only ones with pass marks.  The others ranged from awful to terrible.

On the other hand Ayr were excellent.