Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I know it’s been a while since you’ve been there but are you remembering there are 12 teams in the Premiership?

I know GD is getting on a bit but I think he was suggesting you guys would be safe from relegation this season.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I know it’s been a while since you’ve been there but are you remembering there are 12 teams in the Premiership?

22 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I know GD is getting on a bit but I think he was suggesting you guys would be safe from relegation this season.

Yeah that’s exactly what I was suggesting.  St Mirren will get relegated and Hamilton will be in the playoffs.

If we got that lot accross the road in a playoff i doubt i could handle it. 

However, sending them into the Abyss and getting back into the big time would nearly be better than a soapy tit w**k off Scarlett Johansson. 
And far more likely too.

I had a dream not long ago that pav scored the winner in the playoffs against the fun.

That would make the last few years all worth it for me, however I don’t think my heart would hold out long enough for me to see it.

3 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I had a dream not long ago that pav scored the winner in the playoffs against the fun.

That would make the last few years all worth it for me, however I don’t think my heart would hold out long enough for me to see it.

And if that sent them into Admin 3 it would be all the sweeter...

But you're right, i think A&E would be overrun with cardiac arrests from both sides of the divide.

4 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

Imagine if it did end up being a Dundee derby play-off that eventually had to be settled by a penalty shoot out... :unsure:

I find penalty shoot outs really bloody tense, even in early rounds of the cups. If that came to pass then the tension would be almost unbearable for me.

As for the news about McMullan supposedly being offered a new contract, I'm not particularly keen on that tbh. Even with a view of potentially being down in the championship for another season, he doesn't deliver an end product consistently enough for me. He's definitely a hard worker, but his decision making at times in games is dreadful.

Edited by captainkev

3 hours ago, captainkev said:

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah that’s exactly what I was suggesting.  St Mirren will get relegated and Hamilton will be in the playoffs.

I know.  I was suggesting that GD has more confidence in Dundee than I do right now. 

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

Imagine if it did end up being a Dundee derby play-off that eventually had to be settled by a penalty shoot out... :unsure:

I find penalty shoot outs really bloody tense, even in early rounds of the cups. If that came to pass then the tension would be almost unbearable for me.

As for the news about McMullan supposedly being offered a new contract, I'm not particularly keen that tbh. Even with a view of potentially being down in the championship for another season, he doesn't deliver enough end product consistently for me. He's definitely a hard worker, but his decision making at times in games is dreadful.

I agree re McMullan. Ive never been a fan. Runs alot and chases down but other than that he offers very little. Cant cross, cant shoot, cant dribble and fades in and out. Will struggle more if  / when in the top league.

If it happens the anxiety levels for me will depend on how we get there. A strong finish, easily finishing second, piped at the post for top spot, and breezing through the play of game, with a fit and confident team would be ideal. In the scenario, we’d have nothing to fear from the Dee. Scraping through a number of play of games, picking up injuries, with a team still inconsistent, and knackered would be a total nightmare.

If it happens the anxiety levels for me will depend on how we get there. A strong finish, easily finishing second, piped at the post for top spot, and breezing through the play of game, with a fit and confident team would be ideal. In the scenario, we’d have nothing to fear from the Dee. Scraping through a number of play of games, picking up injuries, with a team still inconsistent, and knackered would be a total nightmare.

Yeh but imagine we manage to squeeze past the semi final, then go two down in the first leg of the final only to score 3 in the final 20 mins at dens, with the final in the 93rd minute.
Wouldn’t that feel nice?

39 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Yeh but imagine we manage to squeeze past the semi final, then go two down in the first leg of the final only to score 3 in the final 20 mins at dens, with the final in the 93rd minute.
Wouldn’t that feel nice?

No, I think it would be the end of me tbh.....

For as long as I can remember I was firmly in the camp of having both Dundee clubs in the same league "good for the city"&"good for both sides" ect........but given the choice right now I'd like them buried in some lower league, part time, bankrupt, never to rise again. Harsh ?