Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

Conventional wisdom says that Thistle as the Premiership team will up it on Sunday and get through this - but they were so insipid tonight that I'm not so sure.  Thistle have looked pretty weak defensively this season and so that they looked shaky at the back tonight wasn't a surprise - but I thought they would at least look up for it as they knew what they would be playing.

Livi play in a way not unlike 'Well and it's clearly effective - the main negative for them is that they only have a 1 goal lead - should really have been more.

Expecting to be heading back to Livi next season....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s only half time but we’ve given ourselves a hell of a chance, my only worry is we are already patched up as it is, we couldn’t even fill the bench tonight. 

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win though, if not by more, apart from the goal Partick didn’t do much at all. 

Will be tough on Sunday, Firhill has always been a tough place to go but we’ve given ourselves a chance and that’s all I wanted. 

So damn proud of my wee team again tonight, 90 minutes away from the premiership, never thought I’d ever say that again. 

Incredible. 

1 minute ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Hopefully finish the job on Sunday Livi :thumsup2

Which league are you guys in these days? Will we be visiting you next year? I don't really pay attention to your overall position.

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It’s only half time but we’ve given ourselves a hell of a chance, my only worry is we are already patched up as it is, we couldn’t even fill the bench tonight. 

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win though, if not by more, apart from the goal Partick didn’t do much at all. 

Will be tough on Sunday, Firhill has always been a tough place to go but we’ve given ourselves a chance and that’s all I wanted. 

So damn proud of my wee team again tonight, 90 minutes away from the premiership, never thought I’d ever say that again. 

Incredible. 

Just let Thistle take the lead and wait until the 85th minute, they generally seem to completely crumble at that point and hand teams a goal.

On the game:-

The Livingston players looked incredibly fit for a Championship side.

Partick are blessed so much to have a striker in Doolan or this tie would be dead. 

Can't see Hopkin managing Livingston next season regardless of what division they are in. 

Love the play offs. 

Superb stuff from Livi,as some of the guys hav mentioned maybe should hav been further ahead.

A combination of slack finishing and craig thomson kept it at 2-1.

Thought the ladz in C3 and C2 were superb tonite once more,never stopped singing from start to finish.

Apparently i even got myself on the box in the 2nd half,standing up high on the edge of the stand with my yellow flanders t-shirt on:whistle:lol:

Just delighted to be in this postion,this season has been unbelievable :thumsup2

Thistle4Eva yesterday.
Jags0001 today.

Utter embarrassments to their support.
Hope it hurt mate. 
Ooft.

Still at it. The fact that you are still utterly reeling from your heads gone about 3 weeks is pleasing to most.

Not many folk on this site can be a bigger embarrasment to their fellow supporters than you.

The only person on this thread with confirmed worse hair than Scott Pittman

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ooft.

Still at it. The fact that you are still utterly reeling from your heads gone about 3 weeks is pleasing to most.

Not many folk on this site can be a bigger embarrasment to their fellow supporters than you.

The only person on this thread with confirmed worse hair than Scott Pittman

Hahahahahahahaha.

At least you aren't bothered bromigo. 

Archived