Great to start the league campaign with a win away to a half decent league 1 side.
Well done Sons.
Where are all those that were extremely critical last week. Anything positive to say this week lads and lassies?

We're still here. Nice to start with a win at a difficult ground to pick up points. It's only game one.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to start the league campaign with a win away to a half decent league 1 side.
Well done Sons.
Where are all those that were extremely critical last week. Anything positive to say this week lads and lassies?

Justifiably critical last week. Justifiably pleased this week.

12 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

From where I was sitting it was Ian Durrant doing the shouting

Perhaps if I'd said "SA signalled for him to go down" I would have been more accurate. Apologies - my beer brain was still switched on.

Pass marks all round after the first twenty minutes. Adam looked more secure and Hutton put in a bit of a shift; problem there was that at times Carswell looked a bit lonely in the middle of the park, like the kid in the school playground that nobody will pass to.

Forbes' standard of crossing was outstanding both with and against the wind.

I was surprised how poorly EF coped up front in the second half when facing the wind. You would have thought they would have been used to it.

Anyone else think that their #11 looked like Boney, ran about like Boney, and moaned like Boney??

(And since when don't you get a yellow card for booting the ball 50 yards away after the whistle has blown? Twice.)

Celebratory shandies are called for.

Drunk-Man.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Scrotum said:

Pass marks all round after the first twenty minutes. Adam looked more secure and Hutton put in a bit of a shift; problem there was that at times Carswell looked a bit lonely in the middle of the park, like the kid in the school playground that nobody will pass to.

Forbes' standard of crossing was outstanding both with and against the wind.

I was surprised how poorly EF coped up front in the second half when facing the wind. You would have thought they would have been used to it.

Anyone else think that their #11 looked like Boney, ran about like Boney, and moaned like Boney??

(And since when don't you get a yellow card for booting the ball 50 yards away after the whistle has blown? Twice.)

Celebratory shandies are called for.

Drunk-Man.jpg

Surely we would be used to it as well then? Plenty wind down at the rock. We have never quite got used to the wind ourselves.

It always amazed me how bad our 'keepers were at dealing with the wind over the years despite the fact that many of them had had plenty practice. I understand it can be difficult but we had some of them who kicked the ball out of their hands directly up into the wind instead of even trying to keep it down.

57 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Meanwhile the Sun reports on ‘Andy Downie’ scoring a goal. Even the headline is a pun o’ mince. IMG_1627.jpg

Calum Gallagher's name spelt incorrectly in The Sun too. Things like that really annoy me.

Don't worry though, there'll be at least 500 words in the Lennox apparently :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

Letting Forfar fans into the supporters' bar this Saturday is a nice surprise.

Admission one bridie?

We're hopeful of it being the same for most clubs visiting us this year, what a difference having an accommodating board is.  We haven't yet imposed a 1 bridie entry fee for the bar but I'm definitely interested in the idea.

We're hopeful of it being the same for most clubs visiting us this year, what a difference having an accommodating board is.  We haven't yet imposed a 1 bridie entry fee for the bar but I'm definitely interested in the idea.

Whilst I absolutely welcome accommodating away fans for a pre match drink, how will it work with hospitality being on ?

Not got an issue, just interested as I enjoyed hospitality v Dundee United in April.

Whilst I absolutely welcome accommodating away fans for a pre match drink, how will it work with hospitality being on ?

Not got an issue, just interested as I enjoyed hospitality v Dundee United in April.

Cancel all that. Just read the above information properly and I can see that away fans won't be in the Chivas. Ignore me. Old age and all that.

Good to see the club changing stance on the away fans in the bar issue. It was always an absolute no go when challenged in the past, put down to the issues over segregation, toilets and logistics of getting them from the bar to away section pre-kick off. The smaller away numbers this season has obviously prompted a review and change of stance. It’s another example of the new board’s open minded approach. Very welcome.

I’d assume this rule change will apply to all clubs in our division with the exception of Airdrie,  who will continue to be held in specially reinforced cages and fed from a distance.

Good to see the club changing stance on the away fans in the bar issue. It was always an absolute no go when challenged in the past, put down to the issues over segregation, toilets and logistics of getting them from the bar to away section pre-kick off. The smaller away numbers this season has obviously prompted a review and change of stance. It’s another example of the new board’s open minded approach. Very welcome.
I’d assume this rule change will apply to all clubs in our division with the exception of Airdrie,  who will continue to be held in specially reinforced cages and fed from a distance.

Section, section B, section B rules ok !

Archived