(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell me one previous potential St Mirren manager who talked about budget = ambition over the airwaves or in the press.  Of course it's the right thing to do lol. 
Do you actually read/remember your own previous posts before posting another?

You contradict yourself in nearly every post. Demented Zebra is the right name for you though you could probably drop the Zebra.

His comments on the budget show an intelligent manager who understands the link between budget constraints and expectations, and why they should bear some relation to each other. If he were to accept the job, he'll have agreed on budgets and expectations with the board. 
You been wooshed here Bud?

3 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

Do you actually read/remember your own previous posts before posting another?

You contradict yourself in nearly every post. Demented Zebra is the right name for you though you could probably drop the Zebra.

So in other words you can't wanser my question ffs. Ok let's  put it another way as I wrote above. Robbie the budget is xxx where do you think you can take us ?  Robbie bottom six. You are not the thick to think the board will say great when can you start.  Get real ya idiot.  

Is Guti St Mirren-minded?
Before he signed for Real Youth team he used to be seen in the North Bank of Love street.

He often credited watching Abercromby and Fitzpatrick (before he was 10) as the main reason he wanted to play football.

If you cut him he bleeds black and white.

17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

So in other words you can't wanser my question ffs. Ok let's  put it another way as I wrote above. Robbie the budget is xxx where do you think you can take us ?  Robbie bottom six. You are not the thick to think the board will say great when can you start.  Get real ya idiot.  

Cause that’s what Neilson will say?

despite Tony and his musings, we won’t finish top 4 this season and the realistic target is 10th.

25 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Out of interest what level of budget do you think a new manager will get?

There was no question to answer, when do we ever hear future st mirren managers on the radio talking about the job let alone about budgets?

You tried to make me give you an example of something that may or may not happened to prove a hunch you have.

It was just silly.

A bit like you using the odds at the bookies as an indicator that his comments had a negative impact on what the board think of him.

Robbie Neilson never said 'he had to have a good budget' he said he needed to consider the budget compared to the expectation of the board and the expectations of the fans.

I don't know Gordon Scott or any of the board to know if his comments would have had a negative impact on his chances or not. Maybe you do know him and know exactly how he thinks, but going by you regurgitating StuD's posts and your posts last Friday when you claimed Jack Ross was going to buy a saints fan for £1m I doubt it.

36 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Cause that’s what Neilson will say?

despite Tony and his musings, we won’t finish top 4 this season and the realistic target is 10th.

Finishing 10th place should be looked upon as survival.  Is that what the board wants to hear. Is that position going to feed into the players heads. You  think that is going to be acceptable to the board even though  me and you know  that to be true ? Where is Neilson's ambition , where is his drive ? I for one will be surprised if he gets the gig.  If he does I will support him 100%. 

I see the Sun are reporting that Ally McCoist  and Kenny McDowall are going to be interviewed next week. Then just to add insult to injury they finish off the article by stating that Paul Hartley is a late contender. :lol:

FAO Robbie Neilson if you’re reading this, the answer to the question is: top six.

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Wanser (verb) - to understand what the feck demented stripey horse is on about. 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Finishing 10th place should be looked upon as survival.  Is that what the board wants to hear. Is that position going to feed into the players heads. You  think that is going to be acceptable to the board even though  me and you know  that to be true ? Where is Neilson's ambition , where is his drive ? I for one will be surprised if he gets the gig.  If he does I will support him 100%. 

Year 1 is about survival. It’s always the case unless you are Hearts, Hibs and Rangers moving up the league and have budget.

You are getting confused with ambitions and reality. The ambition of the club is to break in to the top 6. The reality of next season is that we’ll be in the bottom 6 and fighting it out. 

You’ve got yourself really hung up on the Neilson interview. When I listened to it, I’ve not taken it the same you have. He’s asking the question ‘does the budget meet the ambition of the board’. The board can’t expect top 6 when you have a bottom 2 budget...why would anyone take a job on with unrealistic expectations? I certainly wouldn’t as it’s only my CV that will end up looking dog! 

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Massive improvement to the hanging baskets and window boxes around the Paisley 2021 Stadium anticipated as they're interviewing for a new gardener.

Doesn't even bear thinking about. Wonder if he'd take John Terry's lead and refuse to manage the games against Sevco.

Archived