Best chip shop

NJ2

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Marini's in Rosyth is good. Had my usual large fish supper with single fried pizza on the side the other night and it was all perfect. They even give you free tubs of coleslaw.

What size of kite do you carry, mate?  I struggle to finish most medium fish suppers and I'm not exactly Olive Oyl.  Sticking a pizza in there too would just me me barf.  Or lie down for a couple of days, at least.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Marini's in Rosyth is good. Had my usual large fish supper with single fried pizza on the side the other night and it was all perfect. They even give you free tubs of coleslaw.

front.jpg

23 hours ago, philpy said:

The st Andrews chippy in Portobello won the evening news chippy of the year.

I wouldn't say its the best, but it does a pretty good pizza provided it's not slap bang in the middle of Friday/Saturday night rush. Offers far and away better options for toppings in fairness to them.

On 01/06/2018 at 10:08, sjc said:

Agreed with my Missus when she rated the fish supper from Craigie Cross chippy in Perth better than the one from the famous Anstruther chippy back in 2015.

Not sure if that's still the case though as I believe the Craigie Cross chippy has changed hands in recent years.

Can someone send me a King Rib supper too please?

It's not changed hands but has went downhill a bit, there's not really a decent chippy in Perth anymore but that's probably the best of a bad bunch. Perth is really shite for Pizzas too, how can c***s get a margarita so wrong?

I prefer Dundee for a chippy, although i only really buy onion cakes from Mordentes or a pizza from Luigis nowadays. The wee pizza shop on the corner near the bottom of the cowgate in Edinburgh is a favourite of mine when pished.

Since being down here for nearly 20 years. I always looked forward to coming back to the chippy back home in falkirk. But since most of the family moved to Dunbar the chippys through there are rank.Still better than the ones down here i suppose

+1
What sort of East Coast jake food is an onion cake?
It sounds like something they made during the Great Depression in the 1930s, which is apt description for that area.

Having lived all of my years on the East Coast, I would also like to know just what the f**k exactly is an onion cake?!

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Having lived all of my years on the East Coast, I would also like to know just what the f**k exactly is an onion cake?!

Bhaji shirley ?

21 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

But since most of the family moved to Dunbar the chippys through there are rank.

Adriano’s does a cracking kebab though 

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Can’t argue with that really 

Coming up on Saturday for a whole week. So will be eating from there most of week unfortunately dad doesn't cook. Week will consist of going in the castle gettin pissed staggering  into adrianos then home

5 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Coming up on Saturday for a whole week. So will be eating from there most of week unfortunately dad doesn't cook. Week will consist of going in the castle gettin pissed staggering  into adrianos then home

Sounds like a plan, get across the road for an onion cake at the Indian 

Archived