Best chip shop

NJ2

22 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I sincerely hope folk aren’t calling bhaji’s cakes and getting them from chippy’s?!

I quite like a side order of bhajis and chicken pakora from a chippy

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I prefer Dundee for a chippy, although i only really buy onion cakes from Mordentes 

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

WTF is an onion cake?

A FUCKING ONION BHAJI! Is what I think he meant. Hopefully.

9 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I quite like a side order of bhajis and chicken pakora from a chippy

Sorry, shouldn't be allowed, mixing Chippy food with Indian food. I love both of these cuisines, but it's unacceptable practice to sell both from the one premises tbh.

It's one or the other, before you know it our Chippy's will have gone fully down the English Inner city route with Chinese Takeaway/Chippy hybrids taking over :(

The Scottish chippy is unique.

Save the Scottish chippy.

8 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Sorry, shouldn't be allowed, mixing Chippy food with Indian food. I love both of these cuisines, but it's unacceptable practice to sell both from the one premises tbh.

It's one or the other, before you know it our Chippy's will have gone fully down the English Inner city route with Chinese Takeaway/Chippy hybrids taking over :(

The Scottish chippy is unique.

Save the Scottish chippy.

Do we go all out and say no pizzas and kebabs at chippys tae then ???  Didn’t think so, all under one roof :thumsup2

:lol:

I've only ever seen onion cakes in Dundee, ex missus was Dundonian so I've spent a fair bit of time sampling their delicacies. It's like a fish cake but peppery with an onion taste, think they pulp it tae f**k, mix it with mashed tattie and cover it in breadcrumbs, deep fry and viola. It's fucking magical lads and Rowan. Try it.

:lol:
I've only ever seen onion cakes in Dundee, ex missus was Dundonian so I've spent a fair bit of time sampling their delicacies. It's like a fish cake but peppery with an onion taste, think they pulp it tae f**k, mix it with mashed tattie and cover it in breadcrumbs, deep fry and viola. It's fucking magical lads and Rowan. Try it.

What chipper was this you got them tam?

On 6/5/2018 at 23:59, heedthebaa said:

Do we go all out and say no pizzas and kebabs at chippys tae then ???  Didn’t think so, all under one roof :thumsup2

Usually find any chippy that sells Kebabs do utterly shite chips. 

I shan't include Pizza in this as I had a lovely Pizza Crunch out the Chip shop in Dingwall a while back. Top of the high street, forget the name, but it was excellent. In my top three Chip Shops. 

Joe & Maria are retired now but other folk from their family are running it. I don’t go too often, maybe once or twice a month, but I’ve certainly no complaints. Spicy haggis supper. Salt & vinegar. Couple of pickled onions.

The only other chippy in Falkirk I’d say was definitely better and I would occasionally visit is Moscardinis.

Don’t get the love some folk have for Benny T’s. Chips have always been pale, tasteless and seem half cooked.

Colorado in Laurieston is where it's at in this area although far too many folk seem satisfied with Benny T's.......not terrible but not a patch on Colorado.
Cooks small quantities regularly so always crisp and fresh.

For those who attack Benny T's after an away game take a left at the roundabout instead.....

1 hour ago, mac.i said:

Colorado in Laurieston is where it's at in this area although far too many folk seem satisfied with Benny T's.......not terrible but not a patch on Colorado.
Cooks small quantities regularly so always crisp and fresh.

For those who attack Benny T's after an away game take a left at the roundabout instead.....

Why is the Thistle getting ignored here?

On 05/06/2018 at 22:40, wellinwigan said:

Onion cake and mushroom suppers what has happened to the chippys since I been down here 

FTFY.

FWIW, Calum Richardson, the heid boy at The Bay has honed his multi-award winning art through many collaborations with master chefs in Japan.  Hence, his battered mushrooms/mushroom tempura are tremendous fair.

Never had an onion cake. Will check it out though.

FTFY.
FWIW, Calum Richardson, the heid boy at The Bay has honed his multi-award winning art through many collaborations with master chefs in Japan.  Hence, his battered mushrooms/mushroom tempura are tremendous fair.

Hard work equals rewards, sounds ‘fair’.

Just get into Stonehaven on your way past and get a mushroom supper.

My way past where?
Quite regularly frequent “stoney”, usually just for pints though and certainly not mushroom suppers

Do you not work in Aberdeen but come down to Fife?

I stay up here though, ya madman! I might heed your advice next time I’m Fife bound or enjoying a day in Stonehaven but mushroom suppers won’t be on the menu

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I stay up here though, ya madman! I might heed your advice next time I’m Fife bound or enjoying a day in Stonehaven but mushroom suppers won’t be on the menu

Ah, thought you stayed down this way.  Never mind, have a few pints, get to the Bay and order a mushroom supper, get a can of Tennents and sit looking over the North Sea.

Archived