Schedule Pronunciation

My boy came home from school today with his Australian teacher having told my Scottish kid that he is prounouncing a word that has two different pronunciations wrong and telling him how to say it; no allowance for different dialect or background, nothing. 

I am of the opinion that I should kick the teacher in the pie and f**k her dad whereas the missus thinks that the teacher is quite right and should only be teaching the whole, massively multi-cultural class to speak in the same manner. 

I'm looking for advice on how to approach this delicate matter without getting my boy expelled and having us deported. 

Thank you. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My boy came home from school today with his Australian teacher having told my Scottish kid that he is prounouncing a word that has two different pronunciations wrong and telling him how to say it; no allowance for different dialect or background, nothing. 

I am of the opinion that I should kick the teacher in the pie and f**k her dad whereas the missus thinks that the teacher is quite right and should only be teaching the whole, massively multi-cultural class to speak in the same manner. 

I'm looking for advice on how to approach this delicate matter without getting my boy expelled and having us deported. 

Thank you. 

Tell him to ignore the teacher and pronounce it any way he likes.

eta. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

I would tell him to use it every opportunity he has and exaggerate the way he says it from now on. Drive the cow to a breakdown.

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

Think we need a picture of this teacher to get a better feel for how we should judge her teaching ability.

31 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

Tell her you didn't put your son in school to learn how to speak American. Then stand back.

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Tell him to ignore the teacher and pronounce it any way he likes.

eta. Thank you.

This is basically what I said, much to the dismay of Dee Woman. 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I would tell him to use it every opportunity he has and exaggerate the way he says it from now on. Drive the cow to a breakdown.

She sounds like the kind of uptight bint who may be easily goaded. I think my boy and her maybe got off on the wrong foot as the subject is the compulsory pastoral fucking care and my son declared himself a devout athiest in the first lesson. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

She sounds like the kind of uptight bint who may be easily goaded. I think my boy and her maybe got off on the wrong foot as the subject is the compulsory pastoral fucking care and my son declared himself a devout athiest in the first lesson. 

So we can add "Religious c**t" to "Officious c**t" in this teachers list of attributes. I don't think you or your boy has anything to worry about, he seems to be doing all the right things without guidance.

20 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This is basically what I said, much to the dismay of Dee Woman. 

Did he say 'Hesus' instead of 'Jebus'?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

The Aussie has conviction - unfortunately, so probably did her great grandfather which is why she's Australian.

Proceed to warp factor boot in the pie if she starts trying to get them to do that annoying Antipodeal uptalk at the end of sentences.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

Pronounce it the way Brenda pronounces it. She's still Head of the Colony of the whinging ungrateful convicts and they should do as she tells them.

5b215027785d5_ozdollar.png.826fdd7e760090eeadc70220546cbfa2.png

"Behave oneself, you Antipodean commoner or one will be forced to send Harry to kick you in the pie"

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

In my day, we only had German or French as choices for languages.  

I forget Australia exists. It's like Wales or Liechtenstein.
What do they do apart from make Channel 5 soap operas and turn away refugees?

The house most the big killing beasties so I think it’s a great place. Would I live there? Absolutely fucking no chance.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I forget Australia exists. It's like Wales or Liechtenstein.
What do they do apart from make Channel 5 soap operas and turn away refugees?

they exported Kylie to us. which was nice of them. so fair dinkum cobbers. 

5b2188752d14f_kylieminogue.jpg.7f31b337aaedee8564e79eb4c3134421.jpg

Archived