Pride

Tomorrow is Pride day in New York and San Francisco.

The 2nd and 3rd largest marches in the world.

What’s your take on LBGTQIA?

I worked with a guy in Glasgow who was T and he got a horrible amount of abuse.

Scotland is more Orange Walk than Pride March.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I remember nipping into this pub on a Saturday afternoon about 20 years ago. 

Thought the colourful flags were nice, but once inside, the Initial concern was that no football scores were appearing on the telly. Penny only dropped that it was a geh-bar when I noticed a bloke like Sean from Coronation St sipping a cocktail while grinning inanely at the barman.

Not sure if the 'Top Nosh' place next door was linked to the pub in any way.

christophers.jpg

I don’t care what sexuality someone is but I can’t be fucked with the LGBT tag or people saying LGBT community as if everyone of that persuasion is in a different community to everyone else. I also find these marches to be a massive dick waving exercise that will largely be populated by dreadful individuals.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t care what sexuality someone is but I can’t be fucked with the LGBT tag or people saying LGBT community as if everyone of that persuasion is in a different community to everyone else. I also find these marches to be a massive dick waving exercise that will largely be populated by dreadful individuals.

Even the lesbians?

I think it’s fine if people want to march to celebrate their sexuality or gender identity.

However if we lived in more tolerant times maybe folk wouldn’t feel the need to do so.

It’s a depressing thought the levels of tolerance, even in developed countries, seems to be going in reverse, particularly with the rise of the populist right.

It’s a depressing thought the levels of tolerance, even in developed countries, seems to be going in reverse, particularly with the rise of the populist right.

What are you basing this on?

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

These threads always bring out some contrarian, attention-seeking roasters; the "I'm not homophobic, but" types. Useful exercise purely for outing a few bigots. 

I'm not homophobic but I can't be fucked with that acronym. LGBTQIA. Tooooooo long

Archived