What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

Didn't one of his kids recently get about 50 squillion quid in venture capital for some apprenticeship scheme? I hadn't really figured that corruption rewards were dynastic, I thought maybe once Blair shuffles off (looking at recent photos of him, won't be long) that'd be the end of it but apparently not.

Euan Blair, he's valued at 73Million. Which would probably impress a lot of new Labour voters! Can see him taking votes off the Tories in 20 years time. 

21 minutes ago, Pato said:

Anas Sarwar will 100% do a combined 'how dare you bring up my children/at least I HAVE lead in my pencil' attack when this is inevitably brought up.

I got admonished by a CLP chair for pointing out a few years back that a slumlord millionaire leading the Labour Party, especially under Corbyn, was an open goal for the SNP. 

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

And Corbyn. 

Didn't Corbyn's marriage end because he refused to send his wean to private school?

Here in Scotland, we seem to have a terrible inferiority complex.

It seems to be that anyone who has done well in life has to be brought down to the lowest common denominator.

Complete opposite in the US where success and wealth is respected.

Surely, we should all be aspiring to send our kids to private school which, in most cases, are infinitely superior to the state system, especially in Scotland.

Regards Sarwar, I was always a bit suspicious as to how his father was able to ditch UK politics and suddenly become a big cheese in Pakistan. Not a labour supporter but I think I’d be a bit put off by divided loyalties. Seems like a professional politician with not much in the way of beliefs.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It seems to be that anyone who has done well in life has to be brought down to the lowest common denominator.

Surely, we should all be aspiring to send our kids to private school which, in most cases, are infinitely superior to the state system, especially in Scotland.

Regards Sarwar, I was always a bit suspicious as to how his father was able to ditch UK politics and suddenly become a big cheese in Pakistan. Not a labour supporter but I think I’d be a bit put off by divided loyalties. Seems like a professional politician with not much in the way of beliefs.

What do you think Sarwar and his dad are going to do? Sell Trident to the Pakistani military?

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I got admonished by a CLP chair for pointing out a few years back that a slumlord millionaire leading the Labour Party, especially under Corbyn, was an open goal for the SNP. 

Didn't Corbyn's marriage end because he refused to send his wean to private school?

That's certainly something he has said before! 

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It was a grammar school, I think.

Blair also didn't use private schools, as far as I remember, but rather chose to send his kids to a "prestigious" Catholic state school several miles away from his home. 

Just now, Pato said:

I mean Michelle Thomson was a slumlord too but point taken. Landlord.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use it nor do I think you mean it in a racial way. I just can't imagine that word being used as an attack line for such reasons. Is he a millionaire? 

3 hours ago, G51 said:

"Doing the same thing we've done 17 times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time"

At some point our opponents will expect us to do something different. It's at this point we'll launch our surprise attack by doing the same thing again.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I actually think it's precisely not having an inferiority complex that means I don't see going to private school or sending your kids to private school as some kind of badge of honour.

Anas Sarwar is rich because his dad is. What kind of achievement is that?