What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think they are referring to graveyards being full of weeds.

ah, i sort of follow that logic now, wasn't seeing it at first. Still seems a bit demented because some of those grieving families might be quite happy not to have certain chemicals pumped into the ground near their dead loved ones, though.

i'm jumping in without having seen anything on either side of the argument but i would assume from the wording of "effective" weedkillers means that not all brands or types were banned, just ones containing particularly nasty stuff, idk.

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

ah, i sort of follow that logic now, wasn't seeing it at first. Still seems a bit demented because some of those grieving families might be quite happy not to have certain chemicals pumped into the ground near their dead loved ones, though.

i'm jumping in without having seen anything on either side of the argument but i would assume from the wording of "effective" weedkillers means that not all brands or types were banned, just ones containing particularly nasty stuff, idk.

It would be on brand for an council SNP to use banning weedkiller as cover for not doing any upkeep.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Still trying to find the motivation behind Labour's position on this, an earlier tweet makes it even less clear.

You think they've hit rock bottom but then you find there's rock bottom, fifty feet of crap and then North Lanarkshire Labour.

It's sad, Labour have some great people but they just keep burying themselves in bollocks like this.

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

How long did it take last time?

Not as long as it's going to take this time.

Folk seem to have adjusted their expectations to accept that the Tories are filthy asset-stripping shaggers. So long as they can keep being seen to crack down on dirty foreigners, they'll be fine for another term after this, at least. Big Keef will have been replaced by then, surely.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

Not as long as it's going to take this time.

Folk seem to have adjusted their expectations to accept that the Tories are filthy asset-stripping shaggers. So long as they can keep being seen to crack down on dirty foreigners, they'll be fine for another term after this, at least. Big Keef will have been replaced by then, surely.

Keir Starmer will never be PM.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Keir Starmer will never be PM.

Aye, but I can remember thinking that about David Cameron. And we've had more unlikely Prime Ministers since then.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Aye, but I can remember thinking that about David Cameron. And we've had more unlikely Prime Ministers since then.

He will still be leader at the next GE but, sadly, the Tories will win that.  I cannot see him staying on beyond that; he will go willingly or otherwise.

Hopefully we will have had a successful IndyRef by then so the machinations of Westminster will be of less importance. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He will still be leader at the next GE but, sadly, the Tories will win that.  I cannot see him staying on beyond that; he will go willingly or otherwise.

Hopefully we will have had a successful IndyRef by then so the machinations of Westminster will be of less importance. 

I always love your optimism!

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Said it before.  There must be a lot of people in the Labour Party questioning their own judgement in supporting Starmer.  There is no indication that support for Labour is going to increase significantly any time soon.