What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

16 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Drones circling overhead and a boy in a ghillie suit living in my hedge because the young couple next door haven't registered their new address with the NHS yet.

The Chernobyl level of Modern Warfare but it's Captain Price firing a big dose of Pfizer into Piers Corbyn's arm while he's protesting down Trafalgar Square

For the second time this week I have watched a Labour MP on tv waffle on about what needs to be done. Their argument is okay until it comes to funding and then they are completely clueless with no answer.  Today's twat, Jonathan Reynolds,  was waffling on about how there would be tax rises to pay for it. When asked what taxes would rise he had absolutely no clue.  And they wonder how they are not taken seriously.

They honestly think that going on TV and saying "we're a blank slate" every day is better than having concrete policies and having to defend them. The reason for this is that when Corbyn had solid policies and defended them, all these c***s went behind his back to attack them to their pals in Epstein's black book the press.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

They honestly think that going on TV and saying "we're a blank slate" every day is better than having concrete policies and having to defend them. The reason for this is that when Corbyn had solid policies and defended them, all these c***s went behind his back to attack them to their pals in Epstein's black book the press.

In fairness I blame Corbyn as well for giving me any belief that the Labour Party could be anything other than wretched disappointments and ideological cowards.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

In fairness I blame Corbyn as well for giving me any belief that the Labour Party could be anything other than wretched disappointments and ideological cowards.

On the other hand the entire Corbyn experience demystified the Labour Party. The right wing tendencies aren't immanent and unchangeable they exist because of certain people holding certain jobs/roles/offices.

We also now know because of the Labour Leaks that they are a bunch of fairly thick, miserable and bitter idiots. If you come to the conclusion that Stamer, Emily Oldknow, Jon Ashworth, Streeting, Akehurst etc can't be defeated within the Labour Party it's hard to see how anything can ever be changed via parliamentarism.

Edited by Detournement

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

On the other hand the entire Corbyn experience demystified the Labour Party. The right wing tendencies aren't immanent and unchangeable they exist because of certain people holding certain jobs/roles/offices.

We also now know because of the Labour Leaks that they are a bunch of fairly thick, miserable and bitter idiots. If you come to the conclusion that Stamer, Emily Oldknow, Jon Ashworth, Streeting, Akehurst etc can't be defeated within the Labour Party it's hard to see how anything can ever be changed via parliamentarism.

rAHEey6.gif

Are Labour just fucking useless at comms now or do the media just not bother with them?

I would genuinely struggle to tell you the last time I heard Starmer speak or read something he had said or done.

I have seen Annelise Dodds in some grainy video from her kitchen. 

36 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Part of me wants to see the source of these images and another part of me really really doesn't.

Looks like QT. Maybe he followed it up with examples of people trying their very best to find work and getting sanctioned by UC regardless, but I doubt it. I think the only principled stance he's taken since he became leader was on Boris's wallpaper.

On 16/07/2021 at 15:46, invergowrie arab said:

Are Labour just fucking useless at comms now or do the media just not bother with them?

It's not one or the other - it's both. They have nothing to say, nothing to offer...meanwhile Boris makes headlines all the time (good and bad) and gets away with it all.