What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The issue appears incredibly complex but is very simple.  There are people in the Labour Party who should not be in the Labour Party.

The Labour Party is a left-of-centre political party.  For years it has been infiltrated by people who are not left-of-centre.  Some of them are careerists, others are simply agent provocateurs.  There’s a few pro-Zionists who fall into the latter category.

If I was a careerist then infiltrating the Labour Party sounds about the least interesting career I could possibly imagine.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

If I was a careerist then infiltrating the Labour Party sounds about the least interesting career I could possibly imagine.

Maybe not interesting but potentially lucrative.  Potentially very, very lucrative.

1 minute ago, TAFKAM said:

I think you and I both agree on this but probably have wildly different groups of people in mind when we think about who these might be.

Probably in all honesty, nevertheless he was never going to stand a chance with the Media in this country even if that hadn't happened.

The one thing I'll give Corbyn is he was so divisive we probably have another 5-10 years minimum left where we can happily go over the same arguments and not get bored. 

He's a great topic for an easy rustle for people on both sides. 

The one serious opinion I will offer is that I don't think the media are to blame for his failures, it's a cop out and gets used far too much as being THE reason why he continually failed. It was part of a long list of reasons but isn't the silver bullet some try and frame it as. 

One thing that's strange to look back on is the focus on Corbyn's appearance and public speaking skills. At the time compared to Cameron he did seem rough and ready but look at what we have had since. By the end of her term May looked like she was constantly on tranquilisers, Gove and Boris are visible alcoholics and Hancock can't maintain the coherence of any sentence more than 15 words. 

Aye, nobody gets to claim that an unkempt appearance is a hurdle for politicians anymore. We're only a couple of years away from Prime Minister Rees-Mogg rocking up to the Commons in his Victorian sleepwear and eating his breakfast kippers from the lectern.

Have to say I like Sarwar, but the party Scotland and UK wide is a bit of an earthquake zone. 

Forgot their roots. Trying to be all things to all men in these divisive woke times doesn't work. 

Sarwar has a chance to build something in Scotland, but the UK wise it's civil war. 

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This thread is worth a look. Kieth preparing his own Gotterdammerung. 

He's completely fucked. The hierarchy of racism coming back to haunt them in Batley and Spen and their doubling down on it, poor in Hartlepool and Amersham, tanking numbers nationally, filling these roles with presumably whoever Mandelson recommends. Can't lay a glove on Johnson. Turns out Guardian Columnists are not a good barometer for what people will vote for

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

He is an absolutely OFTW. 

Seem to recall he got in trouble for calling Salmond a nazi, then left Labour and decided to back independence after Brexit, then joined the SNP and has now left that in a huff over something as well. 

(don't send the gangsters Mike, just kidding) 

Edited by Michael W

He is an absolutely OFTW. 
Seem to recall he got in trouble for calling Salmond a nazi, then left Labour and decided to back independence after Brexit, then joined the SNP and has now left that in a huff over something as well. 
(don't send the gangsters Mike, just kidding) 

Utter twat of a man.