What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Starmer found to have breached the ministerial code eight times can't wait for the calls for him to resign 🤣

I’m no fan of Starmer but the report said they were all “minor and/or inadvertent”’.  Compare that to what Johnson has done in recent years and it really is a non story.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m no fan of Starmer but the report said they were all “minor and/or inadvertent”’.  Compare that to what Johnson has done in recent years and it really is a non story.

They are all pretty minor things - declaring hospitality slightly late etc. Certainly nothing compared to literally breaking the law on numerous occasions, but I suspect that won't be reflected in the headlines.

The problem for Starmer is that he needs to be completely on top of this stuff or at least making sure his staff are completely on top of this stuff - he must surely know that any ammunition at all is going to be utterly magnified in the public eye. The conversation now should be about the sheer madness of having either a poundshop Thatcher or Rishi "yay I've taken funding away from the poor" Sunak battling it out to be TopCunt, but you can absolutely guarantee the papers will be rammed with "STARMER'S HYPOCRISY" etc. 

They are all pretty minor things - declaring hospitality slightly late etc. Certainly nothing compared to literally breaking the law on numerous occasions, but I suspect that won't be reflected in the headlines.
The problem for Starmer is that he needs to be completely on top of this stuff or at least making sure his staff are completely on top of this stuff - he must surely know that any ammunition at all is going to be utterly magnified in the public eye. The conversation now should be about the sheer madness of having either a poundshop Thatcher or Rishi "yay I've taken funding away from the poor" Sunak battling it out to be TopCunt, but you can absolutely guarantee the papers will be rammed with "STARMER'S HYPOCRISY" etc. 
The likes of the Heil will use false equivalence with any Labour indiscretions to reduce the consequences of Tory wrongdoings.

They really are scum that need to be challenged.

One day we're bound to see an English Labour MP say, "you know, I think it would be great to lose almost 10% of Westminster seats, the vast majority of which haven't voted Conservative in generations, and condemn our party to guaranteed opposition forever".

But that day is not today.

Surely there wouldn’t be a picket line if Labour were in government? As the great bastions of the British Workers would’ve already negotiated a fair deal with the Unions (that fund them) before strike action was required. Surely?

It's all going very well for Labour.  They'll have the Tories out in no time... 

"The party lost nearly 100,000 members last year - falling from 523,332 at the close of 2020 to 432,213 by the end of 2021- and has been left with a £5 million black hole in its accounts." 

From -  https://www.thenational.scot/news/20667711.uk-labour-party-haemorrhaging-funds-members-accounts-reveal/

The Tories and the Daily Mail must be p!$$!ng themselves.

Sturgeon saying that renationalisation of energy companies should be considered as a way of dealing with the energy crisis.

I can imagine Keith hiding under his desk trembling with fear at the thought.

Not sure if this is some sort of reverse psychology or Labour just absolutely shitting it but the rationale seems very flawed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/22/liz-trusss-arrival-in-no-10-could-deliver-tories-a-big-bounce-in-polls

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if this is some sort of reverse psychology or Labour just absolutely shitting it but the rationale seems very flawed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/22/liz-trusss-arrival-in-no-10-could-deliver-tories-a-big-bounce-in-polls

Like Priti and her ever-present sneering smirk, the press have nothing but pictures of oor Liz where the hamster seems to have fallen off the wheel.

1408.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=