What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Keir Starmer is really presenting himself as leading the untainted Tory party.

Starting to get worried people in Scotland are going to fall for it.

It's more of a shift toward blairite labour. Snp will crumble in the next 10 years. 

Angus Robertson won't have the charisma to carry snp in the way sturgeon did. Your next leader is the new Gordon brown

47 minutes ago, alan862 said:

It's more of a shift toward blairite labour. Snp will crumble in the next 10 years. 

Angus Robertson won't have the charisma to carry snp in the way sturgeon did. Your next leader is the new Gordon brown

:lol:

3 hours ago, alan862 said:

The other way of looking at this is that a period of competent reflection by the SNP will allow the Scottish electorate to avert their gaze to the absolutely corrupt shitshow that is the governance of the UK.

And if you think things have been bad under the SNP just watch as they begin to unravel fully post-Brexit.  And for your prediction to materialise it would need people like me to swing back to Labour; as it was Blair and Brown who drove me away there's f**k all chance of that.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

3 hours ago, alan862 said:

Good to know the SLab plan is another 10 years of SNP rule 😅. That said the nick they are in just now they would probably take that !

25 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The other way of looking at this is that a period of competent reflection by the SNP will allow the Scottish electorate to avert their gaze to the absolutely corrupt shitshow that is the governance of the UK.

And if you think things have been bad under the SNP just watch as they begin to unravel fully post-Brexit.  And for your prediction to materialise it would need people like me to swing back to Labour; as it was Blair and Brown who drove me away there's f**k all chance of that.

Never say never. Did you ever think you would swing away from Labour?

On 14/02/2023 at 16:12, SandyCromarty said:

I hear that wee slimeball Douglas Alexander is re entering constituency politics and will be contesting Kenny MacAskil's seat, I thought that after his expenses scandal where he had to repay thousands of pounds back due to false claims that he  would stay out of the frontline. Arrogant little shite.

And his sister was no different when she was Scottish party leader. She turned up years back with no booking at a restaurant at the top end of Sauchiehall street, (over Charing Cross), the restaurant was a must go to at the time and it was owned by that guy who used to own Rab Ha's in the Merchant City, anyway she turns up with friends and asks for a table to be told by the greeter that it's bookings only and they are full, in a loud voice so that all could hear she shouts, "Do you know who I am", yes replies the greeter just as loud "but nae bookin nae table"

Pair of absolute shites the Alexanders.

Strong opinionated women a problem for you?

It shows how strong a leader Nicola Sturgeon was when Anas Sarwar comes on GMS this am and says that Labour now has a chance to increase their vote and political presence in Scotland now that she's gone.

Bigger fool him if he thinks that with Nicola taking a back seat the SNP voting populace and members will disappear.

I'm hearing that among the Governmental/Holyrood members Angus is the strong favourite..

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Strong opinionated women a problem for you?

Touche.

But Nicola was more diplomatic than the obnoxious Wendy Alexander as my post illustrated.

I am surrounded within my family by strong opinionated women whom I adore, some have moved into good positions within education and senior political positions and are doing extremely well in increasing pressured jobs which affect everyday Scottish lives.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Ruth Wishart on QT last night mentioned that the Independence movement is going well in Scotland and now there is only one section of the community that is totally opposed and that is her generation.

Her words.

Did she give any evidence for this? I'm of her generation and I don't see this at all. The people who supported independence in the 60s and the 70s, indeed, are all her generation.

70F12D87-D068-4FA4-BF82-0D14AC84B406.jpeg.ca931b1dffb18a2b08eb5a2fb6168773.jpeg2E2E47AA-305B-48FD-B637-725E6ADAE436.jpeg.8fc305325b3b3993b531a2a8226e7692.jpegBC2D4B6F-9B3E-4E5D-A70D-69D6CCB2A0B9.thumb.jpeg.4148a14d1ed897179fff06b9b832aa1c.jpeg

To this day Corbyn is still attacked with any shit these people will come up with in their stupid fucking heads. Let’s not forget, while the Russian army murdered Chechens in the early 2000s Jeremy Corbyn condemned and even protested against it, whilst their fucking hero Tony Blair met Vladimir Putin on numerous occasions. Corbyn has condemned the invasion of Ukraine multiple times and is a regular critic of Putin, but none of that matter to these freaks. 

Edited by MazzyStar