What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 hours ago, orfc said:

Surprised at the lib Dems, but this isn't the misstep you lot think it is

I think we can safely say that the 60% are (a) not impacted and (b) dont understand it said "aye, just keep it".

We should probably remove benefits from disabled people as well, or at least try and prove that they can work (oh, I forgot, thats already the tories policy.........)

Also, we appoint politicians to govern, and to cut through the crap that  "mike down the golf club in peterborough" thinks.

5 hours ago, orfc said:

Surprised at the lib Dems, but this isn't the misstep you lot think it is

So it's ok to do the immoral, as long as enough of the idiot public can be duped into believing that it's ok?

Perhaps they can do a poll on whether corrupt politicians should be hung by the neck or not. Do you think they would go with the results of that poll?

I'd like to see the other questions that built up to that response, Yougov are often sneaky about it, to set up a newsworthy result. So like 'Do you think unemployed people should be rewarded for having as many children as they can, paid for out of your taxes?'. I've seen similar before. Instead of maybe 'Do you think taking children out of poverty should be an important fiscal priority?' 

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd like to see the other questions that built up to that response, Yougov are often sneaky about it, to set up a newsworthy result. So like 'Do you think unemployed people should be rewarded for having as many children as they can, paid for out of your taxes?'. I've seen similar before. Instead of maybe 'Do you think taking children out of poverty should be an important fiscal priority?' 

I completed that survey and the questions were not far off how you describe. 

3 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

So it's ok to do the immoral, as long as enough of the idiot public can be duped into believing that it's ok?

Perhaps they can do a poll on whether corrupt politicians should be hung by the neck or not. Do you think they would go with the results of that poll?

Slippery slope

Private debt must be paid back to the shareholders of the private companies. Public debt is owed to "ourselves" as UK is a sovereign currency issuer.

Debt to GDP ratio was far higher in the post-war period, ie. the national finances were far worse than they are now, but every single year borrowing to invest was still happening. To build council houses, the NHS, and to nationalise industries. Including under Conservative governments as they too were bound by the economic demands of workers.

Now we have the opposite where both parties are bound by the economic demands of owners. We've Rachel Reeves writing love letters to Tory donors and Starmer embracing the label of fiscal conservative (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-labour-government-spending-b2376121.html). 

Not taking Johnson's old seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip shows that the Tories are definitely still in the game at the next election. 

Selby result is purely because Tories stayed at home. Ghey will return to Tories at next election.  Starmer is a vote loser. 

Happily it reminds Scots voters that the Tories are still there to stay in government and to stay with SNP.

43 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Not taking Johnson's old seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip shows that the Tories are definitely still in the game at the next election. 

Tbf they fought the entire campaign on an issue which Westminster can't change, ULEZ. A policy introduced by Boris Johnson which just shows the Tories are happy and quiet successful being all things to all people particularly those who don't pay attention to what's going on.