England v Colombia

throbber

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

You have shown a rivalry up to 1985. A wee while ago. That rivalry went long ago.

You think a rivalry of a century, in the oldest international, in the most-played international match, just disappears cos one of the teams slips off? Until four years ago it was still only 45-41 in England's favour.

Scotland only rarely lost to England in the first 50 years of the rivalry. It was still a rivalry, we weren't like, "you're not good enough for us, we're gonna try Uruguay and Austria instead."

We're the two biggest countries on this island, we've played each other over a hundred times and we've a pretty even record. That's why it's a rivalry.

Celtic are currently rag-dolling Rangers every time they meet and Rangers haven't been competitive with Celtic, or even finished 2nd to them, for what, 6 years? You think that rivalry is over too?

I know you feel the need to defend what you said, but really, you should chuck it.

Just now, ICTChris said:

What an abysmal result for England. Colombia have been appalling and to let them back into it is criminal.

I know. Great, isn't it.

You think a rivalry of a century, in the oldest international, in the most-played international match, just disappears cos one of the teams slips off? Until four years ago it was still only 45-41 in England's favour.
Scotland only rarely lost to England in the first 50 years of the rivalry. It was still a rivalry, we weren't like, "you're not good enough for us, we're gonna try Uruguay and Austria instead."
We're the two biggest countries on this island, we've played each other over a hundred times and we've a pretty even record. That's why it's a rivalry.
Celtic are currently rag-dolling Rangers every time they meet and Rangers haven't been competitive with Celtic, or even finished 2nd to them, for what, 6 years? You think that rivalry is over too?
I know you feel the need to defend what you said, but really, you should chuck it.
Best post of the night - greeny from me!

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Yerry Mina has been superb tonight, surely Barca can't be thinking of getting rid of him?

He’s been pretty rotten for them.

Archived