Queens v St Johnstone

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

We brought 1000 last time but that was in the big cup and in our, ahem, Scottish Cup defence. Would imagine we will have 400 minimum though. 

I’m going to Perth Races on a ‘home stag,’ so not making it unfortunately. 

The races, along with the Glasgow Warriors game being held on the north inch, will surely have a negative impact on the traveling support.

Currently on the train but only just. Slept in and left my booze at home, nearly missed the train in Perth, had to get booze in Glasgow, just on the train with minutes to spare. Looking forward to rolling into Dumfries. COYS

Bit of viewing to keep you amused on the train.

That depresses me somewhat. We were a lot shitter back then, yet the stands are fuller than they have been for a long time [emoji20]

Victims of our own success really.

Mid-table in the 2nd tier was a huge achievement, and held a lot of novelty value after years in the wilderness as part-time diddies making up the numbers in the seaside league.

After a decade or so of stagnation the novelty has worn off for many.

I’m gutted I can’t make today, should be a good one. I’m not overly fussed about the result just as long as we give a good account of ourselves. If we put in a shitebag performance like the first half last week it’ll be an easy away win and a long afternoon for the Palmy faithful. Take the game to the Saintees and play to our strengths and we could run them close. Still fancy the Premiership team to be too strong.

3-1 Saints. Jason Kerr from a corner and a brace each from Watt and Dobbie.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Bit of viewing to keep you amused on the train.

Is there any highlights of the 3-3 opening day game at Palmerston? 

This isnt a dig, btw, its one of my favourite games but I can never find them.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That depresses me somewhat. We were a lot shitter back then, yet the stands are fuller than they have been for a long time :(

The stands looked packed in the video. Would love to see the dormant doonhamers come back to Palmerston and get behind the team again. 

I think we can score today but our frailties in defence will likely get punished. 

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That depresses me somewhat. We were a lot shitter back then, yet the stands are fuller than they have been for a long time :(

I  know that we'd struggled badly for much of that season, but I'm really not at all convinced that "we were a lot shitter back then".  I suspect we might well be shitter now.

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser 

Davidson - Craig 

Wright - Alston - Kennedy

Watt

Same eleven that started against Hibs, apart from Shaughnessy replacing the injured Anderson. 

Archived