Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

22 minutes ago, Golum said:

At the start of season bottom = 16th 

Selkirk should still have been deemed bottom

I fail to see the problem with this 

The lowland league voted on this and agreed , so why the SFA refused this is strange 

They refused this because the rules were changed during the season which the SFA deemed too late. I can't see any issue with changing the rule for future seasons though.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

They refused this because the rules were changed during the season which the SFA deemed too late. I can't see any issue with changing the rule for future seasons though.

Could you advise what rules were changed ?

1 minute ago, Golum said:

Could you advise what rules were changed ?

The board had made the ruling after Selkirk folded and it took til after the turn of the year for someone to challenge it and a vote at a meeting. If it was a major issue it should have been voted on at the time?

On 3/30/2019 at 23:00, magoo said:

Only seen the 2nd half today, the overwhelming weekness imo with Whitehill had the lack of any players with physical strength, I've no doubt that many of these young players will prob look ok in a two touch training session or 5 a side game but as a team there are virtually no players who can look after the ball and mix it when required,that's 3 managers in 2 years that have not addressed the problem and as much as east Stirling dropped off the pace in the 2nd half I'm struggling to think of a shot on target in the 2nd half, massive pre season for management and commitee coming up....

SPOT ON 

17 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

The board had made the ruling after Selkirk folded and it took til after the turn of the year for someone to challenge it and a vote at a meeting. If it was a major issue it should have been voted on at the time?

Are you saying a team folding is not a major issue then  ?

Any team folding in any league is a major issue. 

Surely the leagues committee should've had an EGM at the time then or has it been a case of making up the rules as we move along ? 

Anyway it's done and dusted now top and bottom of it is it will go down as the worst season  (wi last season a close 2nd) in the history of wwfc though to be fair the LL this season is probably the most difficult league ww have ever had to encounter  ?

It'll be in the lap of the gods now regarding re-applying though hasn't it happened before in the SPFL when teams have been reprieved  after others have had the misfortune of folding ? 

In its wee short years since it's birth the LL has certainly seen big changes wi rules and regulations. Whatever happens be it the LL or ww things can only get better. 

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Surely the leagues committee should've had an EGM at the time then or has it been a case of making up the rules as we move along ? 

Anyway it's done and dusted now top and bottom of it is it will go down as the worst season  (wi last season a close 2nd) in the history of wwfc though to be fair the LL this season is probably the most difficult league ww have ever had to encounter  ?

It'll be in the lap of the gods now regarding re-applying though hasn't it happened before in the SPFL when teams have been reprieved  after others have had the misfortune of folding ? 

In its wee short years since it's birth the LL has certainly seen big changes wi rules and regulations. Whatever happens be it the LL or ww things can only get better. 

When Rangers were liquidated, Dundee were promoted to the SPL instead of reprieving Dunfermline. The open spots in the First & Second divisions were taken by the losers of the play-off finals, resulting in promotions for Airdrie & Stranraer. 

Livingston's demotion in 2009 again meant losing play-off finalists took the spots, resulting in a reprieve for Airdrie & promotion for Cowdenbeath.

Gretna's liquidation in 2008 was the same, resulting in promotion for Airdrie & Stranraer.

Airdrie's liquidation in 2002 was before the PO existed, instead Falkirk & Stenhousemuir were reprieved.

Obviously the situations are different, especially with the existence of play-offs. But when ignoring the PO (which was an easy solution really), 2 different methods have been used: extra promotion when Rangers were liquidated and clubs reprieved in Airdrie's case. So there isn't really a clear precedent to apply to the LL this season.

I agree that it would be fair to regard Selkirk as the bottom club, but that can't be done as it's not in the rules. I would assume that this is a point to be discussed at the AGM.

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

They probably should have had a meeting of some sorts to clarify the position once Selkirk went out of the box. As others have said the wording should be amended from club 16 to bottom place side.

13 minutes ago, Marten said:

When Rangers were liquidated, Dundee were promoted to the SPL instead of reprieving Dunfermline. The open spots in the First & Second divisions were taken by the losers of the play-off finals, resulting in promotions for Airdrie & Stranraer. 

Livingston's demotion in 2009 again meant losing play-off finalists took the spots, resulting in a reprieve for Airdrie & promotion for Cowdenbeath.

Gretna's liquidation in 2008 was the same, resulting in promotion for Airdrie & Stranraer.

Airdrie's liquidation in 2002 was before the PO existed, instead Falkirk & Stenhousemuir were reprieved.

Obviously the situations are different, especially with the existence of play-offs. But when ignoring the PO (which was an easy solution really), 2 different methods have been used: extra promotion when Rangers were liquidated and clubs reprieved in Airdrie's case. So there isn't really a clear precedent to apply to the LL this season.

I agree that it would be fair to regard Selkirk as the bottom club, but that can't be done as it's not in the rules. I would assume that this is a point to be discussed at the AGM.

Meadowbank in the 80s rings a bell as well  ? 

Were they no meant to go up to the Premier League. Weren't the leagues reconstructed mid season back then  ? 

Surely, if WW were granted a reprieve after LL vote and then the SFA said rules cannot be changed mid season. Then then same must apply for clubs having a license by 31st March to gain promotion? If thats the case.

If that were the case then surely WW would have a strong argument to stay in the league?

Selkirk going bust was not WW's fault and for all we know clubs like WW, Dalbeattie, Gretna, Uni's, Gala and the Vale could all budget just to avoid 16th place and stay in the league. Potentially, willing to take a risk depending on the results of the League 2 relegation playoff. Vale benefited from this last year.

Also, neither is the delay in licensing the fault of the clubs wishing to gain entry into the league?

Interesting times ahead

Edited by Ton Up

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2019 at 14:25, newcastle broon said:

Meadowbank in the 80s rings a bell as well  ? 

Were they no meant to go up to the Premier League. Weren't the leagues reconstructed mid season back then  ? 

Another defeat,what s fken season (well 2) this has been, a few strong leaders off the pitch and in the pitch is most certainly require pre season, I'm a big advocate for any club to use youth but only if they are capabile there's no way the team can be completely filled with young lads that collectively are  not strong enough for the league they are in,

On 01/04/2019 at 14:22, cowdenbeath said:

24 minutes ago, magoo said:

Another defeat,what s fken season (well 2) this has been, a few strong leaders off the pitch and in the pitch is most certainly require pre season, I'm a big advocate for any club to use youth but only if they are capabile there's no way the team can be completely filled with young lads that collectively are  not strong enough for the league they are in,

Don't think managed a shot at goal today. Wee ootside left looks tricky enough but is built like a stick. Will get kicked up and doon park a lot. Edu Lad took his goal well. Whilst never been one to criticise fans or a fan base I counted 4 o them today. They hoping to get into their new base near Hamilton next season. Badly needed I was told as easier for recruitment from there as Annan miles away from where they want to be.  Good luck to them but when you look at potentially the crowds we gonnae get next season I'm slowly bringing myself round to playing EOS fitba next season. Prob a lot more sense financially and ye never know we might just manage to stay up because that league looks harder than the LL  :o

P.S can we borrow yer mini bus :thumsup2

20190413_170103.jpg

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Don't think managed a shot at goal today. Wee ootside left looks tricky enough but is built like a stick. Will get kicked up and doon park a lot. Edu Lad took his goal well. Whilst never been one to criticise fans or a fan base I counted 4 o them today. They hoping to get into their new base near Hamilton next season. Badly needed I was told as easier for recruitment from there as Annan miles away from where they want to be.  Good luck to them but when you look at potentially the crowds we gonnae get next season I'm slowly bringing myself round to playing EOS fitba next season. Prob a lot more sense financially and ye never know we might just manage to stay up because that league looks harder than the LL  :o

P.S can we borrow yer mini bus :thumsup2

20190413_170103.jpg

Mini bus bigger than Whitehills budget 

I would hope you could look forward to a more competitive team on the pitch as well , especially in the EOS premier which arguably could be a harder league than the LL 

Would be good to see WW  competing again 

Great set up there  

23 minutes ago, Golum said:

I would hope you could look forward to a more competitive team on the pitch as well , especially in the EOS premier which arguably could be a harder league than the LL 

Would be good to see WW  competing again 

Great set up there  

Everything is in place to make sure it’s a short stay in the Prem ...