Gelling Threadbare Rovers v Stenhousemuir

5 hours ago, RR #1 said:

That is who I was thinking it will be. He  retired only recently and must know Smith from when they were at Dundee

They do, they're best mates.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Complete arse up of the teamsheets...including the new app which was a total clusterfuck.....so much so that myself and my mate had a great discussion about young Valentine...one of our own etc and "he wont get a game when the new boys are fit etc etc" only to find out it was Flannagan when the sub was made.....and the carry on about the pitch was toe curlingly embarrasing just fucking get on with it.
Same happened to myself. Was banging on about how it was probably the most impressive performance from the young lads and that he'd have an incredible future if this is his first few games. Only found out it was Flanagan at the sub. I actually said at half time if Flanagan walked past me on the street I'd have no idea who he was which probably illustrates my point.

Solud performance from our viewpoint if anything unspectacular. The front line of McMenamin and Mcguigan didnt get many opportunities, and we got a lucky escape in the second half.

Nisbett and Flanagan linked up well, and Milne did well when he came on. Ideally we can end Matthews run as a winger soon as its hugely unproductive.

Can any Raith fan send over the actual team lineups with numbers?   

Complete mess on the team sheet

Sorry, not sure on all numbers but have put the ones I know although may be wrong! 

Wright

Watson benedictus (6) Mckay (18) Murray (5)

Matthews(12) Wedderburn Gillespie (8) Flanagan

Nisbet Buchanan (9)

Milne (11) and valentine (3) came on as subs

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Same happened to myself. Was banging on about how it was probably the most impressive performance from the young lads and that he'd have an incredible future if this is his first few games. Only found out it was Flanagan at the sub. I actually said at half time if Flanagan walked past me on the street I'd have no idea who he was which probably illustrates my point.

Solud performance from our viewpoint if anything unspectacular. The front line of McMenamin and Mcguigan didnt get many opportunities, and we got a lucky escape in the second half.

Nisbett and Flanagan linked up well, and Milne did well when he came on. Ideally we can end Matthews run as a winger soon as its hugely unproductive.

If only Smith realised he didn’t need to spunk his budget on Wedderburn...

Don't just turn it round.  Try turning it upside down as well.   

There. That didn't hurt too much, did it? 

Actually noticed 2 minutes after posting which is why I immediately deleted.

Thanks anyway though [emoji106]

A good idea doing a double programme.

2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Really disappointed not to take something from that today. We were well on top in the 2nd half and then Raith got the decisive goal. 

We obviously lack a goal threat. If Bomber can work something out to make us more of a threat then we might be just fine. Certainly the keeper and the 2 centre halves are looking solid enough. 

Notice Harry Paton not even in the Ross County squad today...

It’s amazing how fans opinions can differ, second half granted for 15mins Stenny were on top however how many shots did you have on target?  1 which I recall that hit the post, Graeme Smith kept you in the game 2nd with a few point blank saves and some poor finishing from Rovers. Overall better than I thought from Rovers and getting 3 points were the main thing.

Grant Gillespie strolled the game and showed how much a quality footballer he is , Flannigan looks like there is a decent player in him however only time will tell how well we do

I thought the penalty looked soft (albeit from the other end of the park), although I felt we were denied a much more clear cut penalty about 5 minutes later. 

With regards to Wright being a Billy bigbawz and nearly getting caught out, I thought it was a shocking back pass to give him. 

9 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I thought the penalty looked soft (albeit from the other end of the park), although I felt we were denied a much more clear cut penalty about 5 minutes later. 

I thought the Stenhousemuir player got a good touch to put it out and our player went over him naturally, not really looking for anything. 

Pleasantly surprised when the ref gave the penalty. 

Archived